BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing,
What you’ll do:
● Respond to information security incidents, providing technical expertise.
● Provide security guidance and experience to BigCommerce engineering teams.
● Review project technical designs and stay involved through their implementation to assist BigCommerce engineering staff with the finer points of application security.
● Help build internal security tooling to enable us be to be more proactive.
● Utilise data to help generate insights into threats, driving towards conclusions that allow for better prioritization and solutioning.
● Mentor team members in best practice around information security standards.
● Regular and ongoing pen testing of BigCommerce’s growing environment.
● Evangelize security within BigCommerce and be an advocate for BigCommerce customers.
● Protect BigCommerce Merchants, Shoppers, and the company.
Who you are:
● Bachelor’s degree in CS, EE or MIS; or equivalent experience.
● Solid understanding of how the web works, Web Application Security concepts, exploits, and threat prevention.
● Skills to Test, Triage, review, and provide recommendations for vulnerabilities.
● 5 plus years of experience in application security related fields (code reviews, application penetration testing, security engineering, etc.).
● Passionate about security and willingness to learn, unlearn and relearn if necessary.
● Knowledge of development and integration tools and technologies(Ex. CI/CD).
● 1 plus years of software development experience in PHP, Ruby, Java, or similar relatable technology — is a plus.
● The ability to explain security issues to developers, engineers, and management.
● Strong communicator with a bias towards honesty and transparency.
● Experience working on global teams.
● Experience in Bug bounties, speaking at conferences, blogging, etc. is highly desirable.
● Nice to have one/many certifications such as GXPN, OSCP, OSCE, CEH.
● Advanced English.
What’s in it for you:
● Enjoy an amazing business culture while working with one of the most exciting global e-commerce companies.
● Work directly with our customers and partners.
● Benefit from collaborating with a fast-growing team of professionals in a global environment.
● Competitive financial package.
● Control your own schedule.
● Personal time off.
● Interactive events and activities for all engaged in the project.