Who You Are:
● 1+ year of experience with PHP/Laravel required (2+ years preferred)
● 1+ year of experience withSQL/MYSQL required (2+ years preferred)
● Previous ecommerce data experience required
● Previous REST API development experience
● Experience with Vagrant/VirtualBox/VM preferred
● Git/GitHub experience/proficiency preferred
● Knowledge around ETL/Data Migrations (work history and examples a plus) preferred
● Functioning knowledge of Linux command line preferred
● Previous experience with BigCommerce systems/infrastructure a plus
● Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
• Enjoy an amazing business culture while working with one of the most exciting global e-commerce companies.
• Benefit from collaborating with a fast-growing team of professionals in a global environment.
• Competitive financial package.
• Control your own schedule.
• Personal time off.
• Interactive events and activities for all engaged in the project.
What You’ll Do:
● Draw on your knowledge and experience to successfully run ETL data transfers for enterprise level ecommerce merchants
● Perform scoping of technical requirements regarding ecommerce databases to estimate complexity, timing and cost
● Customize existing ETL tooling using PHP to meet clients needs
● Meet with internal project managers and external customers to gather requirements and provide technical advisement as needed
● Investigate, debug, and rerun data transfers using your knowledge of PHP, MySQL, SQL, REDIS and a variety of data formats
● Participate in Engineering organization meetings/keeping the team current with engineering technology updates and direction
● Lead by example through positive contributions to code review and general BigCommerce culture
We are looking for an Associate Data Migration Services Engineer — this role requires a solid technical background; we expect applicants that are self-motivated and used to working within a small-team environment. You will be responsible for executing complex ETL data migrations of ecommerce data from various systems into the our platform as well as for customizing existing ETL tooling in PHP to meet client requirements, working with various REST APIs to get and load data, perform data scoping to enable SOW deliverable, and work with the team to improve process and ability.