Who you are:
● Collaborative. You understand that solving problems for our users is a team sport.
● Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don’t get overwhelmed easily.
● Team-oriented. You’re a charismatic person who can talk to anyone; you’re flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
● Naturally curious. You’re innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize a process.
● Pragmatic. You appreciate the latest design trends but can easily filter out what is and isn’t useful to your audience. You can look at your design solution and determine what is integral to the experience and what are ‘bells and whistles’.
● Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about building strong relationships through candid conversation.
● Fun! You’re flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
● A utility player. You’re willing to help out wherever needed.
Skills & Abilities:
● Experience delivering multi-locale/international product experiences.
● Demonstrated execution of end-to-end design process from discovery to delivery, with artifacts showcasing visual design, interaction design and strategic thinking.
● Ability to multitask, working on several projects at once with careful attention to detail.
● Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
● Experience designing and prototyping in tools like Figma.
● Proven experience in working in a Scrum or Agile framework.
● Have a strong passion for (and experience in) building complex enterprise-level software.
What’s in it for you:
• Enjoy an amazing business culture while working with one of the most exciting global e-commerce companies.
• Benefit from collaborating with a fast-growing team of professionals in a global environment.
• Competitive financial package.
• Control your own schedule.
• Personal time off.
• Interactive events and activities for all engaged in the project.
What you’ll do:
● Define and design the experience for integrating BigCommerce with Google Ads.
● Participate in envisioning the merchant experience for managing marketing and social sales channels at scale within the BigCommerce ecosystem.
● Explore patterns and guidelines for partners building and integrating social and marketing channels into the BigCommerce ecosystem.
● Cultivate an understanding of the merchant’s problem set, competitor solutions in the market and trends in e-commerce to help effectively advocate for your design solutions.
● Partner with our Product Managers, Marketing and Business teams to drive adoption of the integrations you design end-to-end.
● Create flows, sketches, prototypes, wireframes, and high fidelity mockups to communicate concepts, facilitate discussion and solicit feedback among your team and stakeholders.
● Execute design across the entire product lifecycle and product launches.
● Collaborate with product designers from other teams and offices to ensure our solutions are holistic, seamless and familiar.
● Partner with product management and user research to plan and execute testing and validation of your design concepts and product rollouts.
● Take full ownership of your work, and take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
Our mission is to power unrivaled ecommerce success at every stage of our customers’ growth. We equip growing businesses with the world’s most effective platform for creating beautiful stores, attracting customers wherever they shop, and generating sales. Online businesses using BigCommerce can outsell and outperform those on other platforms. Product designers at BigCommerce are part of the entire product development process, from concept to launch. They work closely with product managers, UX researchers, and engineers to understand the customer problem, iterate on solutions, and ship finished designs to customers.
We are looking for a product designer who can cultivate an understanding of customer problems and craft experiences that will enable our merchants and their businesses to flourish and succeed. You will be responsible for designing products and features that enable our merchants to sell on social channels by working together with a cross functional team building sales channels integrations for the BigCommerce platform. This role offers a unique opportunity to work on products that will enhance the BigCommerce ecosystem and greatly impact our merchants businesses, enabling them to grow and succeed.