Who you are:
● 5+ years of experience in technical writing of software documentation.
● You have excellent writing, editing, grammar, and verbal communication skills and a strong attention to detail.
● At least Advanced level of English both written and verbal.
● Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Professional, time-management and reporting software (JIRA & Confluence).
● Able to draw architectural diagrams (Visio).
● Enjoy an amazing business culture while working with one of the most exciting global e-commerce companies.
● Benefit from collaborating with a fast-growing team of professionals in a global environment.
● Competitive financial package.
● Control your own schedule.
● Personal time off.
● Interactive events and activities for all engaged in the project.
What you’ll do:
● Create and maintain product and/or system specification/enhancement documentation.
● Create Salesforce product documentation that explains technical ideas in simple language.
● Adjust existing Salesforce documentation as necessary.
● Create and maintain the Salesforce platform documentation lifecycle.
● Create internal Salesforce product documentation that coincides with each product release.
● Deliver all required Salesforce product documentation for each release by the predetermined deadline.
● Maintain the Salesforce product internal documentation site and associated templates.
● Attend development/engineering team meetings to ensure that all cases that require product/platform documentation are understood and request additional information when necessary.
● Create documentation requested by non-product management sources upon approval.
● Project and task management: as required, successfully manage the initiation, planning, execution, and closing of assigned project initiatives.
● Develop procedures for enhancing how product/platform documentation is delivered to the intended audience.
BigCommerce (Nasdaq: BIGC) is a leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) e-commerce platform that empowers merchants of all sizes to build, innovate, and grow their businesses online. As a leading open SaaS solution, BigCommerce provides merchants sophisticated enterprise-grade functionality, customization, and performance with simplicity and ease-of-use. Tens of thousands of B2B and B2C companies across 120 countries and numerous industries use BigCommerce to create beautiful, engaging online stores, including Ben & Jerry’s, Skullcandy, Sony, and Woolrich. Headquartered in Austin, BigCommerce has offices in San Francisco, Sydney, and London.
Our mission is to power unrivaled e-commerce success at every stage of our customers’ growth. We equip growing businesses with the world’s most effective platform for creating beautiful stores, attracting customers wherever they shop, and generating sales. Online businesses using BigСommerce can outsell and outperform those on other platforms.
BigCommerce is looking for a driven Technical Writer to join our Business Applications team to create Salesforce product documentation. As a member of the team, you will be reporting to the Biz Apps Sr. Manager.