Who you are:
● Think iteratively by breaking down problems into smaller, deliverable / deployable pieces.
● Experience with gRPC, RabbitMQ is a plus.
● 3+ years in driving & retaining a high performance team(s).
● Experience building integrations with 3rd party SOAP/REST API providers that can span multiple code sets, fail gracefully, and be highly extendable.
● Knowledge of DDD & TDD.
● Experience with SaaS platforms is highly desirable.
● Experience working with e-commerce products is a plus.
● Excellent communication skills.
● Advanced English.
What’s in it for you:
● Enjoy an amazing business culture while working with one of the most exciting global e-commerce companies.
● Work directly with our customers and partners.
● Benefit from collaborating with a fast-growing team of professionals in a global environment.
● Competitive financial package.
● Control your own schedule.
● Personal time off.
● Interactive events and activities for all engaged in the project.
What you’ll do:
● Lead an engineering team(s).
● Build and support an open, positive, and energized culture.
● Be both an active hands-on engineer & an effective people manager.
● Participate in code reviews and coach the team to enforce best practices.
● Build highly motivated teams and retain talent.
● Ensure delivery and help identify and manage risks.
● Build highly-available, distributed systems.
● Drive our technical roadmap and direction of our stack.
● Encourage innovation & foster an environment of continuous improvement.
● Collaborate with stakeholders, pod leaders, and other teams to promote communication & collaboration.
BigCommerce (Nasdaq: BIGC) is a leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) e-commerce platform that empowers merchants of all sizes to build, innovate, and grow their businesses online. As a leading open SaaS solution, BigCommerce provides merchants sophisticated enterprise-grade functionality, customization, and performance with simplicity and ease-of-use. Tens of thousands of B2B and B2C companies across 120 countries and numerous industries use BigCommerce to create beautiful, engaging online stores, including Ben & Jerry’s, Skullcandy, Sony, and Woolrich. Headquartered in Austin, BigCommerce has offices in San Francisco, Sydney, and London.
Our mission is to power unrivaled e-commerce success at every stage of our customers’ growth. We equip growing businesses with the world’s most effective platform for creating beautiful stores, attracting customers wherever they shop, and generating sales. Online businesses using BigСommerce can outsell and outperform those on other platforms.
About the role:
We are looking for an Engineering Manager for our Engineering teams in the innovative & rapidly growing e-commerce industry. This role will see you leading teams of