Who you are:
● Collaborative. You understand that solving problems for our users is a team sport. Taking the complex and making it simple is a challenge that brings you joy.
● A systems thinker. You understand how to define guidelines with both the structure and flexibility needed to make all functional areas of the product desirable and usable.
● Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don’t get overwhelmed easily.
● Team-oriented. You’re a charismatic person who can talk to anyone; you’re flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
● Naturally curious. You’re innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize a process.
● Pragmatic. You appreciate the latest design trends but can easily filter out what is and isn’t useful to your audience. You can look at your design solution and determine what is integral to the experience and what are ‘bells and whistles’.
● Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about building strong relationships through candid conversation.
● Fun! You’re flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
● A utility player. You’re willing to help out wherever needed.
Skills & Abilities:
● 4+ years experience working as a product designer for a SaaS (software as a service) or an enterprise product.
● Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in the UX and IA design.
● Demonstrated execution of end-to-end design process from discovery to delivery, with artifacts showcasing visual design, interaction design and strategic thinking.
● Proven ability to understand business goals, think strategically and work cross functionally across teams.
● Demonstrated excellence in delivering large-scale, integrated solutions for SaaS or complex enterprise applications.
● Ability to multitask, working on several projects at once with careful attention to detail.
● Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
● Experience designing and prototyping in tools like Figma.
● Proven experience in working in a Scrum or Agile framework.
● Have a strong passion for (and experience in) building complex enterprise-level software.
What’s in it for you:
● Enjoy an amazing business culture while working with one of the most exciting global e-commerce companies.
● Work directly with our customers and partners.
● Benefit from collaborating with a fast-growing team of professionals in a global environment.
● Competitive financial package.
● Control your own schedule.
● Personal time off.
● Interactive events and activities for all engaged in the project.
What you’ll do:
● Cultivate an understanding of the merchant’s problem set, competitor solutions in the market and trends in e-commerce to help effectively advocate for your design solutions.
● Unify the experience of managing inventory to be seamless with managing the catalog of products.
● Advocate for Inventory as part of the BigCommerce platform and define the experience of importing and exporting inventory to be re-usable across the platform.
● Partner with the multi-location inventory (MLI) team to envision new capabilities for our merchants like managing inventory across multiple locations and pick up in store workflows
● Partner with our Product Managers, Marketing and Business teams to drive adoption of the integrations you design end-to-end.
● Collaborate closely with product management, engineering, and business teams to identify product direction, feature set and behaviors for integrations across the platform.
● Create flows, sketches, prototypes, wireframes, and high fidelity mockups to communicate concepts, facilitate discussion and solicit feedback among your team and stakeholders.
● Execute design across the entire product lifecycle and product launches.
● Collaborate with product designers from other teams and offices to ensure our solutions are holistic, seamless and familiar.
● Partner with product management and user research to plan and execute testing and validation of your design concepts and product rollouts.
● Take full ownership of your work, and take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
Product designers at BigCommerce are part of the entire product development process, from concept to launch. They work closely with product managers, UX researchers, and engineers to understand the customer problem, iterate on solutions, and ship finished designs to customers. As a Senior Product Designer at BC you will have autonomy to shape the products you work on, while being able to learn from and collaborate with a team of seasoned designers.
We are looking for a product designer who can cultivate an understanding of customer problems and craft experiences that will enable our merchants and their businesses to flourish and succeed. You will be responsible for designing products and features that enable our merchants to manage their inventory effectively across BigCommerce and their existing inventory and product management systems. This role offers a unique opportunity to work on products that will enhance the BigCommerce ecosystem and greatly impact our merchants businesses, enabling them to grow and succeed.