Who You Are:
● 6+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
● 3+ years of Scala in a high traffic production environment, including performance monitoring and tuning
● Drive our technical roadmap and direction of our stack
● Collaborate with stakeholders, pod leaders and other teams to promote communication and collaboration.
● Participate in code reviews and coach the team to enforce best practices.
● Write code that is performant, fault-tolerant, maintainable, testable and concise
● Help design/architect/execute on building new microservices
● Professional experience with PHP, Ruby, NodeJS a strong plus
● Knowledge of object-oriented and functional programming techniques
● Experience monitoring and operating microservices
● Knowledge of highly scalable architectures
● Strong desire to learn new languages, frameworks, and design patterns
● Familiarity with agile methodologies and ticketing systems such as JIRA
● Experience with SaaS platforms or Cloud Computing
● Enjoy an amazing business culture while working with one of the most exciting global e-commerce companies.
● Work directly with our customers and partners.
● Benefit from collaborating with a fast-growing team of professionals in a global environment.
● Competitive financial package.
● Control your own schedule.
● Personal time off.
● Interactive events and activities for all engaged in the project.
What You’ll Do:
● Build highly-available, high-performance, redundant, and scalable distributed systems in a polyglot environment
● Write code that is high-performance, maintainable, clear, and concise
● Work closely with operations and infrastructure to improve the architecture while building and scaling back-end services
● Build new features with a focus on testability, extensibility, and maintainability
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing,
BigCommerce is looking for a Technical Lead Software Engineer for our Storefront team. This growing team is looking for an engineer with strong technical experience who will focus on improving the performance, reliability, and features of our Storefront Platform. We use technologies like Scala, Node.js, Ruby, gRPC, Linkerd, Docker and Nomad to build one of the fastest and most reliable ecommerce platforms in the world.
BigCommerce offers a dynamic, collaborative environment, helping you expand your skills and take ideas from inception to delivery.