BigCommerce is a US-based product company, headquartered in Austin, Texas, and has offices in San Francisco, California, Sydney, Australia, Kyiv, Ukraine and London, England.
BigCommerce is the world’s leading cloud ecommerce platform for established and rapidly-growing businesses. Combining enterprise functionality, an open architecture, app ecosystem, and market-leading performance, BigCommerce enables businesses to grow online sales with 80% less cost, time and complexity than on-premise software. BigCommerce powers B2B and B2C ecommerce for more than 60,000 brands, 2,000+
Our mission is to power unrivaled ecommerce success at every stage of our customers’ growth. We equip growing businesses with the world’s most effective platform for creating beautiful stores, attracting customers wherever they shop, and generating sales. Online businesses using BigCommerce can outsell and outperform those on other platforms.
Visionary investors that back our vision and mission forward include SoftBank Capital, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, Goldman Sachs, AMEX Ventures, and Telstra.
About the role:
Product designers at BigCommerce are part of the entire product development process, from concept to launch. They work closely with product managers, UX researchers, and engineers to understand the customer problem, iterate on solutions, and ship finished designs to customers.
We are looking for a product designer who can cultivate an understanding of customer problems and craft experiences that will enable our merchants and their businesses to flourish and succeed. You will be responsible for designing products and features that enable our merchants to provide best in class experiences for their shoppers by working together with a cross functional team on themes and storefront experience. This role offers a unique opportunity to work on products that will enhance the BigCommerce ecosystem and greatly impact our merchants businesses, enabling them to grow and succeed.
What you’ll do:
• Design new themes and shopper experiences for our merchant’s storefronts which leverage the full capabilities of the BigCommerce platform and define how shopper’s discover, browse, search, interact and purchase items from a store.
• Define the design system for the BigCommerce storefront, which will be foundational for new themes provided by BigCommerce and our partners.
• Drive quality and optimization of the shopper experience by understanding the levers behind shopper conversion, plus the needs of our merchants and their shoppers.
• Collaborate closely with product management and engineering to identify product direction, feature set and behaviors for your product area.
• Cultivate an understanding of the merchant’s and shopper’s problem set, competitor solutions in the market and trends in e-commerce to help effectively advocate for your design solutions.
• Create flows, sketches, prototypes, wireframes, and high fidelity mockups to communicate concepts, facilitate discussion and solicit feedback among your team and stakeholders.
Execute design across the entire product lifecycle and product launches.
• Collaborate with product designers from other teams and offices to ensure our solutions are holistic, seamless and familiar.
• Partner with product management and user research to plan and execute testing and validation of your design concepts and product rollouts.
• Take full ownership of your work, and take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way. As a senior level contributor, you know when to engage your leadership and how to facilitate conversations about design.
• Incorporate quantitative research methods throughout the design process to ensure our product meets market, user, and design quality-markers.
Who you are:
• Collaborative. You understand that solving problems for our users is a team sport.
• A systems thinker. You understand how to define guidelines with both the structure and flexibility needed to make all functional areas of the product desirable and usable.
• Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don’t get overwhelmed easily.
• Naturally curious. You’re innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize the process.
• Pragmatic. You appreciate the latest design trends but can easily filter out what is and isn’t useful to your audience. You can look at your design solution and determine what is integral to the experience and what are ‘bells and whistles’.
• Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about building strong relationships through candid conversation.
• Fun! You’re flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
• A utility player. You’re willing to help out wherever needed.
Skills & Abilities:
• Demonstrated execution of end-to-end design process from discovery to delivery, with artifacts showcasing visual design, interaction design and strategic thinking.
• Ability to leverage analytical data to understand our customers and their shoppers needs and define insights which inform day to day decisions and influence the product vision.
• Demonstrated excellence in delivering large-scale, integrated solutions for SaaS or complex enterprise applications.
• Ability to multitask, working on several projects at once with careful attention to detail.
• Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience designing and prototyping in tools like Figma.
• Proven experience in working in a Scrum or Agile framework.
• Have a strong passion for (and experience in) building complex enterprise-level software.
• Enjoy an amazing business culture while working with one of the most exciting global e-commerce companies.
• Work directly with our customers and partners.
• Benefit from collaborating with a fast-growing team of professionals in a global environment.
• Competitive financial package.
• Control your own schedule.
• Personal time off.
• Interactive events and activities for all engaged in the project.