Who You Are:
• 5+ years in software development with experience building/architecting systems with PHP.
• Experience building integrations with 3rd party REST API providers that can span multiple code sets, fail gracefully, and be highly extendable.
• Excellent knowledge of design patterns/SOLID principles.
• Experience with SaaS platforms or Cloud Computing.
• Solid UNIX knowledge.
• Experience with Agile methodologies.
• BS/MS in computer science or equivalent experience.
• Advanced English.
Nice to have:
• E-commerce experience is highly desirable.
• Experience with languages like Ruby, Scala etc. is highly desirable.
• Team-leading experience would be a plus.
• Enjoy an amazing business culture while working with one of the most exciting global e-commerce companies.
• Benefit from collaborating with a fast-growing team of professionals in a global environment.
• Competitive financial package.
• Control your own schedule.
• Personal time off.
• Interactive events and activities for all engaged in the project.
What you’ll do:
• Implement performant, fault-tolerant, maintainable, testable, and concise technical initiatives.
• Build an open, positive, and energized culture.
• Collaborate effectively with a high-calibre team of software engineers.
• Design/architect/execute the building of new services for the BigCommerce platform.
• Build highly-available, distributed systems.
• Work closely with ops/infrastructure to improve our architecture and scalability.
• Drive our technical roadmap and direction of our stack.
• Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
• Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security.
• Collaborate with PMs, engineers, and stakeholders in all corporate offices to promote communication and coordination.
• Help establish team objectives in alignment with business goals.
BigCommerce is a US-based product company, headquartered in Austin, Texas, and has offices in San Francisco, Sydney, Kyiv, and London.
BigCommerce is the world’s leading cloud e-commerce platform for established and rapidly-growing businesses. Combining enterprise functionality, an open architecture, app ecosystem, and market-leading performance, BigCommerce enables businesses to grow online sales with 80% less cost, time and complexity than on-premise software. BigCommerce powers B2B and B2C e-commerce for more than 60,000 brands, 2,000+
We are looking for a full-time Lead Software Engineer to join us in the exciting and rapidly growing e-commerce industry. By joining this team, you will be helping to take our platform to the next level by building the necessary APIs to enable our merchants to manage their product catalogs across multiple storefronts. You’ll also work closely with other engineers, UI designers, and product managers to define stories, assess scope and technical concerns as well as advocate for best practices that improve software quality.