Who You Are:
• You’ve got 7+ years experience in operations with heavy focus in software development.
• You are an effective communicator capable of working and collaborating with a global team.
• You’re passionate about the quality and integrity of software experiences.
• You can empathize with and advocate for users.
• You understand the business and technical needs of feature development and can help product managers and engineers make decisions that deliver quality features in an optimised timeframe.
• You have great communication skills and can help facilitate meetings, discovery sessions, story writing and documentation.
• You have experience with configuration management tools, like Puppet, Cheff, Ansible, Salt, etc.
• You are familiar with infrastructure-as-code tools, be it Terraform, AWS Cloudformation, Google Deployment manager.
• You have experience with automated test frameworks like Selenium, PHPUnit, jUnit, RSpec, etc and understand their relative pros and cons.
• You have experience with continuous integration tools like Travis, Circle, Bamboo, Jenkins.
• You have experience testing APIs using Postman, SoapUI, etc.
• Experience with PHP, Scala, Java or Ruby is a plus.
• You thrive working in an agile environment where individuals and interactions matter more than process.
• Enjoy an amazing business culture while working with one of the most exciting global e-commerce companies.
• Benefit from collaborating with a fast-growing team of professionals in a global environment.
• Competitive financial package.
• Control your own schedule.
• Personal time off.
• Interactive events and activities for all engaged in the project.
What you will do:
• A highly experienced software engineer with a curiosity for operations, or an operations engineer that wants to work closely with software engineers to help glue infrastructure and software together.
• Apply software engineering and SRE principles while leveraging infrastructure automation tools to build, maintain, monitor and operate complex, performant and scalable infrastructure.
• Work in multiple programming languages using the best tool for the job. We primarily work with Ruby, PHP, Lua, HCL, Python, Go and Puppet.
• Use your deep understanding of web and cloud technologies to lead complex projects from specification through to implementation.
• Handle, communicate and direct resources under high pressure situations.
• Communicate successes or topics of interest both within the team and across the wider engineering organization via blogging, presentations and brown-bags.
• Lead by example and mentor your peers.
• Participate in on-call rotation.
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing,
We are looking for a Lead Engineer on our Infrastructure team in Kyiv. Our team is made up of talented and enthusiastic individuals who have a huge amount of experience in the running, managing and scaling of large scale web operations and systems administration. The team works closely with the rest of our Engineering organization to ensure that the platform powering BigCommerce remains reliable, performant and secure, 24×7.
We’re looking for an experienced candidate who brings solid systems administration skills that are backed up by an innate understanding of software engineering, with a mindset skewed towards performance analysis, scalability and high availability.
Day to day you’ll find us with our nose in the terminal, using Terraform and Puppet to manage our Debian hosts in a heterogeneous environment of Docker containers and VM’s. We rely heavily on Logstash and Prometheus/Grafana to provide the data we need to direct our focus and attention to diagnosing and resolving performance issues across a variety of software built in PHP, Ruby, Scala (JVM) and on occasion, Go.