● 3+ years experience in building systems using Ruby/RoR.
● You have a desire to learn or you have experience working with the following languages:
(React or Angular) but for the current role the primary language is Ruby.
is highly desirable.
● Experience building REST services highly desirable.
● Solid understanding of the design patterns and OOP principles is mandatory.
● Experience with SaaS platforms or Cloud Computing highly desirable
● Experience with application optimization and architecture.
● Solid UNIX knowledge.
● Experience with Agile methodologies.
● Enjoy an amazing business culture while working with one of the most exciting global e-commerce companies.
● Benefit from collaborating with a fast-growing team of professionals in a global environment.
● Competitive financial package.
● Control your own schedule.
● Personal time off.
● Interactive events and activities for all engaged in the project.
● Build highly-available, distributed systems using wide technologies stack.
● Work closely with payment integrations.
● Dive deep into the payment and eCommerce domains.
● Write code that is performant, fault-tolerant, maintainable, testable, and concise.
● Drive technical roadmap and direction of our stack.
● Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
● Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability,
reliability, availability, and security.
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast-growing
We are currently looking for a full-time Ruby Software Engineer to join our payments team in Kyiv. The team is working with service-oriented architecture + SPA on the frontend side; in regard to our stack, we use several technologies like Angular, React, Ruby, PHP. The current position is for a Ruby developer; however, each team member will be involved in FE development as well (partially) + Ruby or PHP.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to work with a wide array of technologies on projects around payments solutions, improving the existing architecture and participate in developing new architectural solutions for payments integrations.