● 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer working with JVM languages.
● 1+ year of production experience with Scala.
● Solid knowledge of databases (e.g. MySQL, Redis).
● Experience building integrations with gRPC, REST, GraphQL API providers that can
span multiple code sets, fail gracefully, and be highly extensible.
● Knowledge of RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch and familiarity with caching solutions is a plus.
● Experience with Cloud Computing (Google Cloud Platform, AWS, etc.) is highly
● Knowledge of functional programming paradigm with reactive design patterns.
● Experience in highly scalable service oriented architectures.
● Solid UNIX knowledge.
● Experience with CI/CD environments, understanding of Docker concepts is a plus.
• An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
• 24 days of vacation per year
• Paid sick leaves
• Health insurance
• Competitive compensation packages
• Employee-driven team building activities
● Work on core functionality, that has highest business priority.
● Build highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
● Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise.
● Work closely with the infrastructure team while building and scaling back-end services.
● Collaborate with Product Management and Design teams to support an optimal user
● Participate in code reviews to maintain and improve quality.
● Build new features with a focus on extensibility and quality.
BigCommerce is the US based product company, headquartered in Austin, Texas, and has offices in San Francisco and Austin, the USA, Sydney, Australia, London, the UK, and Kyiv, Ukraine. BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast-growing
We are looking for a full-time Scala Software Engineer t o join our ambitious team in Kyiv. As part of the team, you will work on the project that is one of the company’s key strategic directions aimed to take our platform to the next level. You will work on building the necessary APIs to enable our merchants to manage their product catalogs across multiple storefronts.