Position: Manager, Embedded Software and Hardware
Managed by: VP of Engineering
• Excellent English Communication Skills
• Understanding of embedded development constraints and system performance
• 3+ years of management experience in electronics product development
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or similar technical field
• 7+ years of experience doing hands-on firmware development, with experience in Sub-Giga RF, plus Bluetooth, Wifi, ZigBee or Thread
Employment according to the legislation of Ukraine. Salary is discussed in the interview process.
Role: NOTE — Initially this will be an individual contributor role. Later this candidate will be responsible to build their team.
As a Manager, Embedded Software and Hardware, you will lead your team of high performing engineers to maintain, innovate, design and build best in class connectivity solutions for monitoring of cold-chains. You will work with proprietary sub-giga wireless, BLE, Wi-Fi, and other protocols.
You and your team will work closely with the cloud software, operations, and quality assurance teams to make our products a reality. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. In this role, you will:
• Build a strong engineering team that delivers excellent results through rapid iterations.
• Provide hands on technical leadership to the team, including your own technical contributions
• Implement process improvements for both your own and surrounding teams.
• Advise senior management
• Define detailed technical requirements from high level product descriptions and enable your team to do the same
• Drive and facilitate innovation within the team
• Manage team budget, headcount projections, recruiting and continuous performance evaluations.
• Work with the hardware team to ensure correct exercising of hardware
• Follow specification, standards developments and technology roadmaps
• Be able to occasionally travel internationally
BT9’s is a cold-chain monitoring company. It’s Xsense® supply-chain tracking platform offers a full-stack solution for monitoring the transport of perishable goods, addressing an industry where food waste amounts to tens of billions of dollars. Using inexpensive, durable, wireless sensor tags to monitor perishables and communications infrastructure to transfer information from the sensors to the cloud, BT9 enables customers to monitor the status of perishable goods in real-time or off-line, allowing them to make sense of large quantities of data and to obtain a holistic view of the supply chain’s progress and problems.