Belkins is a renowned Leader in Appointment Setting with over 500 clients in North America and Europe. We have been consistently rated as one of the world’s top-performing agencies by Clutch, GoodFirms, Inc.5000 with the most recent ratings as Global Top B2B Service Provider by Clutch.
Working at Belkins means embedding excellence into every work-related activity and being free to create your own way of doing things while getting all the guidance needed.
- When you’re with us, expect lots of support and encouragement both from your team leads and peers.
- You’ll be working alongside people who love what they do and enjoy sharing their enthusiasm with everyone around them.
- You’ll also have limitless opportunities to explore — whether that means building up new areas of expertise or taking your career in a different direction!
As an Office Manager, you will:
- Manage office layout, order stationery and equipment;
- Organize office operations and procedures;
- Collaborate with HR on various administrative processes;
- Work with Marketing on branding products purchase;
- Coordinate with tech department on all office equipment;
- Ensure that all items are invoiced and paid on time while coordinating contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers, and office lease;
- Manage office budget, ensure accurate and timely reporting;
- Provide general support to visitors;
- Address employees query regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, hardware, and travel arrangements);
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering, and security services;
- Help with planning in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations, and conferences.
Here at Belkins, we appreciate you for who you are, for your personality, passion, and spirit, for your desire to learn and improve your expertise and skills, for creating opportunities and achieving ambitious goals!
You will definitely be successful in this role if you:
- Have over 1 year of experience in any administrative position;
- Have an Intermediate level of English or higher;
- Are a stress-resistant and avid multitasker;
- Are a self-driven and responsible problem solver;
- Have a knack for building rapport and collaborating with diverse people across the teams;
- Share a continuous improvement and growth mindset;
- Thrive in transparent, impartial, and fast-paced environments.
We care for our team, therefore we provide:
- Competitive compensation;
- Collaborative, friendly, and hassle-free environment;
- The best possibilities for professional development and career growth both internal and external;
- Cozy and pet-friendly office in the city center with an impressive view on the 20th floor of A-class business center;
- Best-in-class training and development;
- English lessons, covered by the company;
- Access to corporate Kindle and Internal e-library, Coursera, Internal Learning Wiki;
- Paid vacation, days off, and sick leaves;
- US public holidays are off — we work the US calendar;
- Exciting and memorable team-building activities and corporate parties.