• Significant previous experience of working with a dynamic web-based programming language (e.g. Ruby, Python, or PHP)
• Proven experience in a TDD environment
• Proven track record of thinking through and delivering technical solutions for business problems
• Experience of working as part of an Agile product team
• Experience of leading projects
• Experience of building and scaling web applications
• Good communication skills — you can you get your idea across verbally in a manner that developers, analysts, product managers and designers will all understand
• Experience with AWS
• Experience with Elm
• You love borsch!
Now that we’ve covered the basics, let’s talk some more about us!
We’re a Swedish-Ukranian IT company, building dream teams of developers and designers for companies around the globe. Being an emerging company, co-producing with other emerging companies, we work with start-up seedlings, through to huge oak trees. In essence, we’re the cannonball for our client’s success. With over 200 team members, Beetroot is a family—we’re a tightly knit bunch who love spending time together. We want to provide a homely working environment that’s packed full of trust, equality and steaming bowls of borsch!
Oh, and we give great perks. Which means...
• Work with our minimum hierarchy, family-feel team in a cozy, well-equipped office
• Great networking opportunities with international clients
• Personal development and professional growth opportunities
• Competitive salary, paid vacation, medical top-up and social benefits
• Team building activities like Beetroot breakfasts & movie nights... and more!
• English lessons with native speakers
• Discounted Beetroot Academy courses for employees and their family members
• Yearly allowance to participate in competence-enhancing events
What are you waiting for? Shoot us over your CV in English
We are looking for a Senior Ruby Developer to join our team on behalf of an exciting client with offices in the UK, Germany and soon to be France.
Our client’s main goal is to solve the major pain points that car buyers and dealers experience in the buying process, and as a result they’ve created the most convenient, stress-free platform for finding and buying a believably priced new car.
Our client’s team consists of 170+ people based in central London and Munich. You’ll be working within a cross-functional team with Product Managers, Data Scientists/ Analysts, Developers, and Designers. As a product team, you will be working towards Objectives to improve and deliver new features that meet business needs.
As a member of the development team you will work within a fluid Agile environment with occasional pair programming. Well structured, readable code and a strong emphasis on TDD are key. The site has over 2 million unique visitors per month, and usability, data science & analytics and performance are vital to keeping them competitive.
Our client is pro-Open Source and actively encourages developers to keep up to date with the latest tech trends. At the same time, they don’t jump on every fad. If it makes sense for the business and it will improve their products, they’re the type to ask, “Why not?”.