Would you like to be part of a team building the best collaborative planning app?
Our client is a fast-growing Swedish software start-up. The product lets any kind of team and leader create, plan, and collaborate in one single agile tool. The main goal of the product is to become the first choice collaboration product for makers and managers, entrepreneurs, and enterprises.
The client has been named “Cool Vendor” by Gartner and already has 1500+ clients worldwide. Clients include progressive enterprises such as SAP, PwC, Disney, and fast growers like Unity Technologies, EA, and more.
Benefits of the role
You will join the client’s core product team and will communicate closely with their development teams in Sweden, Ukraine, Vietnam, and Croatia. Your main responsibilities will include further product development, and creating new customer-oriented features.
There are very varied new features and improvements, you will never feel like you’re repeating the work you do over and over again. Be empowered and take ownership of your part of the workflow!
We have modified the Node.js and Meteor code for high performance and exceptional scalability
- Continuous delivery
- Continuous integration
- Code review
- Automated tests
- Meteor (using BlazeJS for frontend templates) with Typescript, Less & MongoDB
What you’ll do in this role
Responsibility 1 — Feature development & testing
- UI/design alignment
- Be your own QA, always make sure that done is done done.
- Ability to understand requirements and applicability from a user perspective.
- Strong systems thinker. Ability to analyze how many different parts fit together and affect each other.
Responsibility 2 — Bug fixing
- Curious mindset & ability to dig deep for root causes.
- Critical thinker (Why did X come about). Ability to separate the “disease from the symptom”.
Responsibility 3 — Optimization
- Code structure/quality discipline.
- Ability to optimize for performance.
- Ability to code with security in mind.
We’re looking for
- Experience with Node.js
- Excellent skills in implementing complex interactions and UI components
- Good understanding of UI/UX — our tool is real-time and should remain simple for the users
- Product-minded approach, logical thinking, and complex problem-solving experience.
- Level of English — upper-intermediate or higher
- You love borsch!
- Previous experience of working in a smaller team, preferably in a start-up environment
- Experience with Meteor.js, MongoDB
- Experience of working with a large code base
✔ Please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to precisely check off all the mentioned requirements to be considered for this role.
- A friendly and value-driven work environment where mental health, sustainability, and bringing all of ourselves to work are the cornerstones
- An opportunity to work from home or in one of our Beetroot Spaces
- Support for personal and professional development
- Opportunities to work with purpose-driven global companies that make a positive difference in the world
- Expenses on medical insurance
- Sport/health and self-development allowance
- Special offers for Beetroot Academy courses
- Participation in competence-enhancing events
- Team building activities including ski trips, Beetroot Breakfasts, online quests, and movie nights
- English lessons
Are you still thinking? Here are more benefits you get if you join the product:
- Being part of an international high-tech environment with highly motivated individuals striving for a common goal — bringing the agile way of working to all kinds of organizations
- Work with a second-time founder team
- Work with Global markets and Fortune 500 companies
- Flexible working-from-anywhere environment
- Learn SaaS industry best practices and frameworks
- Performance salary based on results
- Employee option program
- 30 days paid vacation per year
- Top-notch equipment (laptop/phone)
Does it sound like a good match? Then send us your CV in English. We look forward to getting to know each other!