Our client is a global leader in online multi-asset trading services, currency data, corporate payments and FX services. The company is based in the USA, Europe and Asia.
You will become a team member of a mobile app development department. By joining the team, you will work on apps that are being downloaded millions of times each year and process billions in trading volume every day, with an opportunity to make a big impact.
The ideal candidate will have experience in writing modular testable code. We’re looking for an Android developer to help our client add amazing and innovative customer-visible features to Android mobile apps that are well tested.
In our collaboration model, you will work and communicate directly with the development team on the client side.
- Collaborate with UX on designs, communicating what’s possible given technical constraints, and making suggestions to create the best customer experience.
- Participate in team sprint planning, backlog grooming, demos, and retrospectives.
- Shepherding releases through from creation to release. Creating the release ticket, building, update dynamic release configuration, testing, release.
- Self-directed, capable of picking up a story and asking required questions to deliver.
- Support the team by helping with any required bug fixes, maintenance, and technical debt.
- Promote your own continuous learning by feeding new ideas back into the team.
- Collaborate with other developers on the team, giving and taking constructive feedback in code reviews.
- Strong opinions, lightly held. We value strong opinions but are equally open to other ideas.
What we’re looking for:
- A keen interest in mobile development.
- Broad experience with Android development using Kotlin/Java.
- Experience writing automated unit and UI tests to minimize regressions.
- Strong development and design skills using object-oriented languages.
- A high personal standard when it comes to User Interface and Usability (UX).
- Good level of English (both spoken and written).
- You love borsch!
- Experience in setting up automated testing in CI/CD pipelines, using tools like Fastlane, Bitrise, CircleCI, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience working with iOS in Objective-C / Swift.
- Examples of your code on Github, or contributions to any open-source project, or Q&A on StackOverflow.
Does this describe you?
There is such a thing as being a “true Beetroot”.
We value people who are eager for continual improvement. Someone who desires to be the most caring, professional, and progressive version of yourself. Your skills and experience are important factors, but your personality, approach, and drive for improvement are what truly make a difference. Our hope is that you will be a team player who can accept responsibility for your work, solve problems pragmatically, and remain highly motivated. It is also important to be outgoing, well-organized, and efficient with a strong ability to prioritize.
Now that we’ve covered the basics, let’s share more about us!
Beetroot is a tech ecosystem with its roots in Sweden, helping startups and established brands worldwide solve their software and staffing needs. We build world-class tech teams and software solutions tailored to create sustainable impact.
Encompassing around 600 team members across Europe, Beetroot fosters a family environment. We are a tightly knit group of people who love spending time together. At Beetroot, you can enjoy an enabling work atmosphere of trust, equality, and wholeness.
Do you like perks? So do we! We provide:
- a friendly and value-driven work environment where mental health, sustainability, and bringing all of ourselves to work are our cornerstones
- an opportunity to work from home or engage in any of our Beetroot Spaces
- personal and professional development
- opportunities to work with purpose-driven global companies that make a positive difference in the world
- compensation of absence days, expenses on sport/health and self-development
- special offers for Beetroot Academy courses
- participation in competence-enhancing events
- team building activities including ski trips, Beetroot Breakfast, online quests, and movie nights
- English lessons with native speakers
Are you a good fit? Send us your CV in English. We are waiting to hear from you!