Our client is a startup that builds a training platform for gamers who wish to pursue their dreams and take their gaming skills to the next level. Their methodology is based on proven best practices from the skill-building world. The company leverages cutting-edge technology to provide gamers with a structured framework and an engaging training routine, helping them become the best gamers possible.
You’ll be responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, as well as ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary.
In our collaboration model, you will work and communicate directly with the development team on the client side.
• Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
• Design client-side and server-side architecture
• Build front-end applications through appealing visual design
• Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications (aws)
• Write effective APIs
• Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
• Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
• Create security and data protection settings
• Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
• Write technical documentation
• Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software
What we’re looking for:
• Knowledge of Node.js and Express framework
• Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming, its quirks and workarounds
• In-depth understanding of AWS (s3, rds, elastic beanstalk, etc.)`
• Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
• Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
• Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
• Proven experience as a full stack developer or similar role
• Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
• Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills
• English — upper-intermediate
• You love borsch!
• Great attention to detail
• Organizational skills and analytical mind
• Naming five or more dishes that include beetroot, besides borsch.
Does this describe you?
There is such a thing as being a true Beetroot.
We value people that are eager for improvement. It means that you always try to be the most caring, professional and progressive version of yourself. Your skills and experience are important factors, but your personality, approach and improvement drive are the ones that will make a difference. We hope that you’re a “team person” with an ability to accept responsibility for your work, solve problems pragmatically, and remain a highly motivated individual overall. You’re also an outgoing, well-organized, and efficient individual with a strong ability to prioritize.
Now that we’ve covered the basics, let us tell you more about us!
We are a Swedish-Ukrainian IT company, building dream teams of developers and designers for companies around the globe. As an emerging company, co-producing with other emerging companies, we work with both start-up businesses and advanced businesses. In essence, we are the cannonball for our client’s success. With over 400 team members, Beetroot fosters a family environment. We are a tightly knit group who loves spending time together. Our desire is to provide a cozy workplace full of trust, equality, and steamy bowls of borsch!
Oh, and we provide great perks. Which means...
• Work with our minimum hierarchy, a family-feel team in a cozy, well-equipped office
• Great networking opportunities with international clients
• Personal development and professional growth opportunities
• Competitive salary, paid vacation, medical top-up, and social benefits
• Team building activities like ski trips, Beetroot breakfasts, movie nights... and more!
• English lessons with native speakers
• Discounted Beetroot Academy courses
• Yearly allowance to participate in competence-enhancing events
What are you waiting for? Shoot us over your CV in English