We’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer who is ready to develop in a highly innovative, cutting-edge technology environment. Challenge promised, adventures guaranteed!
Our client has built a platform that aggregates and analyzes massive amounts of structured and unstructured data and uses machine learning, algorithms, and data visualization to help other companies answer the most important strategic questions.
Your role includes collaborating with software engineers from other teams as well as being the main engineering resource within the data science team. Our active and very motivated team works with NLP and knowledge discovery in order to build cutting-edge data processing pipelines.
In our model, you’ll interact with the international teams directly, while working alongside our merry band of Beetroots in Ukraine. It gives you the best of both worlds — international experience with an innovative and life-changing company while enjoying the comforts (and borsch!) of home.
• Build architecture and implement Data and Machine Learning Pipelines;
• Adopt new data sources;
• Maintain the best software engineering practices.
What we’re looking for:
• 4+ years of commercial experience with Python;
• Proficiency in relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Redshift, Aurora);
• Experience with Spark, Sqoop, AWS services (Spectrum, Glue) and other related tools in the big data ecosystem;
• Knowledge of data modeling, data storage techniques, data warehousing, and general data architecture;
• Experience with engineering data pipelines to capture, store, and process unstructured data;
• BS in Computer Science or similar;
• Excellent communication skills & a decent level of English.
• Familiarity with Go;
• You love borsch!
Who are you?
There is such a thing as being a true Beetroot.
We value people that are eager for improvement. It means that you always try to be the most caring, professional and progressive version of yourself. Your skills and experience are important factors, but your personality, approach and improvement drive are the ones that will make a difference. We hope that you’re a “team person” with an ability to accept responsibility for your work, solve problems pragmatically, and remain a highly motivated individual overall. You’re also an outgoing, well-organized, and efficient individual with a strong ability to prioritize.
Now that we’ve covered the basics, let us tell you more about us!
We’re a Swedish-Ukrainian IT company, building dream teams of developers and designers for companies around the globe. As an emerging company co-producing with other emerging companies, we work with the start-up seedlings, as well as the huge oak trees. In essence, we’re the cannonball for our client’s success. With over 300 team members, Beetroot is a family—we’re a tightly-knit bunch that loves spending time together. We want to provide a cozy working environment that’s packed full of trust, equality, and steaming bowls of borsch!
Oh, and we provide great perks. Which means...
• Work with our minimum hierarchy, a family-feel team in a cozy, well-equipped office
• Great networking opportunities with international clients
• Personal development and professional growth opportunities
• Competitive salary, paid vacation, medical top-up, and social benefits
• Team building activities like ski trips, Beetroot breakfasts, movie nights... and more!
• English lessons with native speakers
• Discounted Beetroot Academy courses
• Yearly allowance to participate in competence-enhancing events
What are you waiting for? Shoot us over your CV in English