• Experience over 3 years in Back-end (PHP/MySQL) development
• Understanding of OOP, MVC patterns
• Customizing Apache2, PHP directives via configuration files or .htaccess
• Experience in lecturing, taking part in different IT-events as a speaker, teaching methodology understanding
• Leading, tutoring or mentoring experience
• You like questions and provide students with different tips
• Uncontrolled drive and desire to lead and teach. We don’t want boring lectures and formal training. We will welcome all of your crazy ideas
• Strong learning capacity
• High level of spoken and written English
• Knowledge of one or more PHP Frameworks
• Experience in teaching adults and know the result of your teaching
• You love borsch!
• Who are you?
Let’s get one thing out of the way: we value awesome people. Meaning, you always try to be the most caring, professional and progressive version of yourself.
Your skills and experience are important factors, but your personality, approach and improvement drive are what will make the difference. We hope you’re a “team person”, that you take responsibility for your work, pragmatically solve problems, and that you’re a highly motivated individual overall. You’re self-going, well organized, efficient and with a very good sense of priorities.
• Work in a friendly, truly open minded team with family alike environment
• Cozy, comfortable and well equipped office
• Minimal hierarchy and direct communication with interesting international clients
• Personal development and professional growth
• Team building activities (Beetroot breakfasts, movie nights, trips, parties and more)
• Free English lessons
• Discounts on Beetroot Academy courses for our employees and their family members
Examples of tasks and responsibilities
• Create and update practically-oriented Back-end courses that are based on real experience and cases
• Teach people, giving them practical skills that directly affect their future occupation quality
• Keep a finger on pulse of latest web trends and track the latest changes and updates on course subject
• Check students’ level of knowledge and correct the educational process according to their needs
• Take an active part in Beetroot Academy events
• Keep all the students motivated through the course
Beetroot Academy is glad to invite an enthusiastic and initiative Back-end Teacher. We are open for any of your ideas.
Beetroot Academy (academy.beetroot.se) — is a innovative IT school. Our goal is to help students from all walks of life become the best versions of themselves, and lay the groundwork for a career in web development. We educate our students with a firm basis in passion for pushing themselves and development forward. We love developing people almost as much as they love developing software. We’ve taken this to a new level by launching our own school.