What you will be doing:
- Implementing a beautiful, elegant, engaging, and useful web site.
- Striving to understand, measure, and respond to user behavior.
- Approaching design and development with a customer-centric mindset.
- Creating the new travellers-facing app from scratch
- Writing tests for your code. Learning.
- Have experience with React.js and Redux
- Are willing to cover your code with comprehensive unit tests
- Have experience with working with a big team
- Can write .js without a framework but would rather use one
- Secretly think your CSS and markup are better than your friends’
- Dislike IE but understand we may have to deal with it
- Work on a side project or commit to an open-source project
- Are not afraid to crank out some server-side Python but would prefer the back-end team handled that
- Want to work with newer technologies
- Have an Upper-Intermediate level of English
- Have ideas and are willing to share them
- Have experience with TypeScript
Who we are:
We are a tech team of adventurous travellers, who was once a part of YCombinator alumni — GetGoing Inc, founded in 2012 by Harvard, Stanford, and Berkeley graduates. We also raised ~$10M in venture capital from Silicon Valley.
In 2016 we joined BCD Travel (www.bcdtravel.com), a global corporate travel management company with annual sales of $25 billion, to bring our unique technology of hotel booking to BCD Travel’s products.
What we do:
The product we develop is a B2B booking platform for business trips, which helps users to book hotels, flights, and cars. It provides both business travellers and their travel agents with detailed itineraries and the best booking options. Every day thousands of business travellers across the world use our software built on modern technology.
On FE: ES6, Webpack, Babel. React, Redux, Reselect. Tests: Jest, Enzyme.
On BE: Python3, Clojure, Docker. Everything is running on AWS.
What we offer:
- Results-oriented startup mindset with a stable business model backed by a billion-dollar global travel company
- Money, of course. Medical insurance. English courses. Cookies
- Conferences, workshops, certifications refund
- A friendly, professional, and high-skilled team working with the newest technologies
- Flexible hours and a great office location in the very center of Kyiv near metro stations Zoloti Vorota/ Teatralna/ Khreschatyk
- Possibility of remote work
- 24 working days of vacation + 6 covered sick days
- A chance to help craft our tools, processes, and culture.
- A lab day once a month to dedicate to a project of your own or a study project.
- Opportunities for career growth.