AUTODOC is Europe’s leading online retailer for car spare parts. As the fastest-growing company in this sector, AUTODOC is aiming to expand its position further.
Now we are represented in 27 other European countries in addition to Germany. AUTODOC pursues a strong customer focus on social media, through technical support in the respective national language and a demand-oriented product range currently comprising almost 2.5 million items from 545 brand manufacturers for 128 car brands.
As a Backend Developer, your primary role will be to maintain and enhance our Elastic-based full-text search microservice. This involves ongoing maintenance, debugging, and ensuring the smooth operation of our search features. You will participate in implementing advanced features such as autocomplete suggestions, faceted search, machine learning sorting, and natural language processing integration. You’ll work collaboratively within a team led by a Senior Backend Developer, contributing to the development and optimization of our product.
- Feature development: participate in the development of advanced search features such as autocomplete suggestions, faceted search, machine learning sorting, and natural language processing integration, search history.
- Maintenance: undertake ongoing maintenance, debugging, and enhancement of our Elastic-based full-text search microservice.
- Collaboration: work collaboratively within the team, participating in discussions, contributing to solutions, and supporting the team to achieve shared goals.
- Optimization: assist in optimizing the microservices and databases for improved system efficiency and scalability.
- Learning and growth: continuously learn about new technologies, techniques, and best practices to improve your skills and contribute more effectively to the team.
- Product mindset: contribute ideas and suggestions for improving the product, keeping a user-focused approach to development.
- Bachelor, Master in Computer Science
- English (Intermediate+)
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- 2-3 years of experience in Backend Development (PHP or Go, Java, Kotlin).
- Understanding of Elasticsearch.
- Experience working on full-text search projects.
- Experience with Google Cloud.
- Familiarity with MySQL, MongoDB, and Redis.
- Experience with Git, Docker, and REST API would be a plus.
- Good soft skills with a product-oriented mindset.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary based on your professional experience
- Stable employment in the fast growing international company
- Wide benefit system
- Dynamic work environment
- Ability to influence business and its results
- Professional growth — you will attend free external and internal courses
- Paid business trips and payment for participation in conferences
- Paid corporate language classes (English, German, Polish)
Join us today and let’s create a success story together!