● Engineering experience in building products with rich functionality;
● 3+ years of hands-on system maintenance experience;
● Familiar with cloud-native application development concepts;
● Solid grasp on information security approaches and best practices;
● Decent understanding of network protocol stack used by modern applications;
● Hands-on experience with Terraform and AWS services (ECS, EC2, S3, CloudFront, RDS, DynamoDB,
ElastiCache, CloudWatch and others);
● Some programming experience with languages like Golang, Python, JS is preferred;
● Eager to learn new technologies, architectural best practices and be ready to apply them according to the
● Excellent communication skills: build trustworthy relationships with stakeholders, influence them with new
ideas and be able to present motivation of your own vision;
● Intermediate English level;
● Ensure reliable operation of backend services and related infrastructure;
● Automate common development tasks (CI, CD and others) and maintain such automation operational, up-
to-date and aligned with needs of development;
● Implement changes in infrastructure according to business demands;
● Maintain infrastructure reproducible with well-known automation and provisioning tools;
● Contribute to building a holistic view of product architecture (in the form of visual diagrams) that includes
AWS infrastructure, backend components, communication flows;
● Identifying possible platform performance improvements and work with engineering to develop and execute
● Proactively evolve and apply DevSecOps methodologies, standards and leading practices;
● Identify, communicate and mitigate Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Decisions throughout full lifecycle;
● Drive-in backend team on using best practices when developing on AWS to have a cost-effective, reliable,
secure and performant solution;
● Responsible for cross-platform Zero-Knowledge architecture and its compliance with security best practices;
FigLeaf is the first-of-its-kind cross-platform App that empowers people with the choice to be private online. FigLeaf makes it easy for you to discover where your personal data is online & how to take it back, empowering you with the choice to fully manage & control your own privacy. We use “zero-knowledge” architecture, a solution that gives each individual the only key to their identity, ensuring no outside party can access their personal information — not even FigLeaf. Lastly, we provide empower individuals with the choice to not give up their private data through a comprehensive suite of tools from synthetic Credit Cards and Email Masking to the integrated VPN and Anti-Tracking.
The company was recognized by:
CES Innovation Award 2020;
SXSW Innovation Award finalist;
MWC 2020 4YFN Innovation Award finalist;
FigLeaf was recently acquired by Aura, Boston-based cybersecurity and privacy company that owns such brands as IdentityGuard.com, Intrusta.com, and now FigLeaf.com.
Aura is led by an experienced and visionary CEO — Hari Ravichandran, who is also a founder of Endurance, a global hosting company that he built in the past and took public (over $3.5b and 3500 employees). Hari was named one of the most powerful CEOs of “40 and under” by Forbes in 2014 and 2015.
Aura is backed by prominent American VCs, including — WndrCo: Jeffrey Katzenberg (who has co-founded DreamWorks with Steven Spielberg in 1994) fund that led investments in DropBox, Pango, and Quibli. — General Catalyst: outstanding Boston and Silicon Valley-based VC, founded in 2000. It has just raised a new $2.3b fund in March 2020 and holds stakes in companies like Snapchat, Airbnb, Stripe, and Grammarly.