• 5+ years of Java development experience
• Knowledge of Java 8+ and Kotlin (desirable)
• Strong expertise in microservice frameworks, best practices and patterns
• Solid experience with both relational and NoSql databases
• Ability to assess and select a correct data storage based on the product requirements
• Experience with message brokers or event stores (Rabbit, Kafka, ActiveMQ)
• API design knowledge: versioning, contracts, Postel’s law principle
• Practical understanding of distributed systems and ability to evaluate both their pros and cons
• Deep understanding of the difference between reactive and regular sync and async systems
• Good knowledge of testing practices and tools
• Solid understanding of build tools and their capabilities (Maven or Gradle)
• Deep understanding of Git (CLI, not just IDE level GUI usage)
• Experience with Jenkins or other CI frameworks
• Agile and nimble mind to quickly grasp new concepts
• Strong communication skills with technical and non-technical people alike
• Ability to work independently as well as drive solutions delivery by the team
• Opportunity to impact a product used by millions of people
• Competitive compensation & career growth opportunities
• Education: library, courses, conferences, English classes with a native speaker
• Equipment: Macbook Pro, monitor, and accessories you might need
• Other benefits: lunches, fruits, medical insurance, and parking
• Great office located in central Kyiv
• Gain a deep understanding of Attendify’s existing products and architecture
• Contribute to architecture decisions and product strategy
• Develop and support new features for Attendify Audiences, Mobile Backend, Registration
• Design and build large-scale Java microservices based on Continuous Delivery practices
• Develop solid test coverage and take part in establishing standards for different types of tests
• Review and support new code from other team members
• Collaborate with product and all engineering teams in the company
Attendify is looking for a strong and self-driven Senior Java Engineer to develop several successful products with significant market traction.
You will be a part of a new Java/Kotlin team involved in designing and building large scale Java/Kotlin applications based on microservice architecture and best in class deployment and release practices. The team will consist of several work streams with a considerable amount of freedom to decide on a preferred technological stack. So we’ll share expertise and compare selected frameworks.
We also strongly believe that delivery of an excellent product is a team effort and a personal responsibility of every team member. So each team member is welcomed to impact processes and contribute to the product roadmap. If you share our views, please read on...
Attendify exists for one reason: to reimage the event technology space, and help planners, sponsors, exhibitors and attendees create more meaningful connections at in-person events. We deliver the industry’s leading mobile event app, an integrated event registration system, and a data management solution that powers event success, and we’re making a serious impact:
• 5.4M downloads and 2K+ five star reviews
• 300+ events supported every month with up to 14K users each
• 70+ team members worldwide operating as a united team
• 3K+ clients, among them Google, Facebook, GitHub, Lufthansa, and UEFA
• Top-5 markets: the US, Canada, UK, Germany, and Australia
We expect you to work primarily on the Java-side, but your interest in exploring new technologies is always welcomed and encouraged. About the technologies we use:
• We run Go servers and use Python a lot
• Most of our codebase is Clojure
• Data processing stack includes Kafka, ElasticSearch, Amazon S3, Amazon Redshift
The list of technologies expands fast just like the complexity of our products.
We have a microservice architecture and run dozens and dozens of independent services.
Ready to join an amazing team and work in a fast-paced environment? Send us your resume and we’ll get in touch!