About Astound Commerce
Astound Commerce is a global IT-provider of e-commerce solutions, including a broad range of technology and professional services. With over 1000 professionals in 10 engineering locations, we are one of the world’s largest teams of e-commerce experts. Top brands like Adidas, Puma, Versace, Jimmy Choo, Tommy Hilfiger, Hugo Boss, and Crocs are among our clients. Company Delivery centers in Eastern Europe, Latin America, West, and South Asia are focused on the development of e-commerce solutions on Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware), Hybris, IBM WebSphere Commerce, Intershop, Kibo, Magento, NetSuite.
In 2019, an Astounding QA team won several awards on international QA contests in Europe and North America, including such nominations as “Best Overall Testing Project — Retail” and “Testing Team of the Year” competing with the top of global IT companies.
The Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for leading an award-winning, high-performance project-driven team of experts in manual, performance, security, and automated testing in cooperation with other Quality Assurance Managers.
What You’ll Be Doing
• Initiate new vacancies opening and make final decisions on hiring all levels of QA Engineers (from Juniors to Leads);
• Manage and mentor members of all seniority levels of distributed QA engineering team to build a highly professional and motivated group;
• Conduct semi-annual performance assessments, including SMART goals setting, promotions, and compensation reviews;
• Create a solution-oriented and thinking culture in engineering;
• Contribute to knowledge sharing and other internal communication forums;
• Make decisions on engineers’ termination.
• Allocate engineers with the right skill set to client projects ensuring adequate project staffing;
• Track and report on resource utilization identifying any resource imbalances and meeting the team’s billable utilization goals;
• Collaborate with project and program/engagement managers to support the delivery of the projects on time, on budget, while meeting customer expectations.
Department growth and development:
• Participate in the pre-sales activities of department-level services;
• Initiate project audits (planned and urgent/escalations);
• Take part in lessons learned sessions;
• QA services development, such as Test Automation, Performance, Security testing and other.
• Take part in the company’s strategic initiatives, e.g. contributions in the setup of new locations, internal processes creation, and improvements, adoption of best practices on the company’s level. Define, implement, manage and refine software development life cycle processes for the delivery of multiple and concurrent customer projects;
• Ensure the adherence to organizationally defined technical practices and procedures through conducting regular engineering audits;
• Define and enforce standards and tools for QA activities;
• Collaborate with other engineering managers to ensure consistency and alignment between engineering groups.
What We’re Looking For
• More than 7 years of experience in software testing and/or development projects;
• Over 3 years of people management experience (15+ team members);
• Over 2 years of QA/Test Manager or/and project management experience (for medium-to-large software development projects with a variety of software development methodologies);
• Be an independent, self-motivated leader who is able to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results;
• Strong communication, collaboration, negotiation and teamwork skills;
• Advanced spoken and written English skills;
• Experience with interviewing, onboarding and mentoring of QA engineers;
• Impeccable organizational, analytical and time management skills;
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic environment;
• Experience in managing geographically distributed teams;
• Experience and desire to work collaboratively in the team of QA Managers, making group decisions.
Good to have
• Experience in testing or managing/leading e-commerce solutions;
• Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) or other e-commerce platforms;
• Working and managing experience in a fast-growing company;
• Understanding the web-based applications testing specifics;
• ISTQB certification.
What’s In It For you
• Fast-growing international company with challenges for creative and result oriented professional;
• Personalized Approach: Semi-Annual Performance Review, helpful and engaging international environment with numerous opportunities for professional growth;
• A network-style culture with geographically distributed teams;
• Well set own SDLC process with the use of Agile, Scrum, Waterfall depending on a project;
• Coaching and reviews to support your career development;
• Internal/external engineering and business training and conferences and time for self-education.
Your Work-Life at Astound Commerce
• Competitive compensation and benefits package, e.g. such as days for remote work, flexible working time, etc;
• Comprehensive Social Package: Support Work-Life Balance, Healthy Lifestyle;
• Extensive technical library with option to order books and English classes;
• Business trips to other offices’ locations;
• Comfortable Office space.