About Astound Commerce
Astound Commerce is a global e-commerce agency headquartered in the US that provides a broad range of technology and professional services. With over 1200 professionals in 12 engineering locations, we are one of the world’s largest teams of e-commerce experts. Top brands like Adidas, Puma, Versace, Jimmy Choo, Tommy Hilfiger, Hugo Boss, and Crocs are among our clients. Company delivery centers in Eastern Europe, Latin America, West, and South Asia are focused on developing e-commerce solutions on Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware), Hybris, IBM WebSphere Commerce, Intershop, Kibo, Magento, NetSuite.
In 2019, an Astounding QA team won several awards in international QA contests in Europe and North America, including nominations as “Best Overall Testing Project — Retail” and “Testing Team of the Year,” competing with the top of global IT companies.
The Engineering Manager will lead an award-winning, high-performance project-driven team of experts in Quality Assurance, Performance, Security, and Test Automation in cooperation with other Engineering Managers of Quality Assurance and Test Automation departments.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Initiate new vacancies opening and make final decisions on hiring all levels of engineers (from Junior to Lead level);
- Manage and mentor members of all seniority levels of the distributed engineering team to build a highly professional and motivated group;
- Conduct semi-annual performance assessments, including SMART goals setting, and make decisions on promotions and compensation reviews;
- Contribute to knowledge sharing (e.g., driving organization of training and preparation of knowledge base articles by experts) and other communication forums;
- Lead team-building efforts and, where applicable, facilitate cross-functional team-building to cultivate collaboration and cooperation between functional groups;
- Make decisions on engineers’ termination.
- Be responsible for resource allocation to ensure engineers with the right skill sets are assigned to appropriate client projects while providing adequate project staffing;
- Track and report on resource utilization, identifying any resource imbalances and meeting the team’s billable utilization goals;
- Collaborate with project and program/engagement managers to support the delivery of the projects.
Department growth and development:
- Participate in the pre-sales activities of department-level services;
- Initiate project audits (planned and urgent/escalations);
- Take part in lessons learned sessions;
- Lead QA services development, such as Test Automation, Performance, Security testing and other.
- Take part in the company’s strategic initiatives, e.g., contributions to setting up of new locations, internal processes creation, and improvements, adoption of best practices on the company’s level;
- Drive and enforce changes in standards and tools for engineering activities;
- Collaborate with other engineering managers to ensure consistency and alignment between engineering groups.
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum 7 years of experience in software development projects on software testing, development, or management positions;
- Over 3 years of management experience, including people management experience of 15+ team members;
- Be an independent, self-motivated leader who can motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results;
- Strong communication, collaboration, negotiation, and teamwork skills;
- Upper-Intermediate spoken and written English communication skills;
- Experience with interviewing, onboarding, and mentoring of engineers;
- Impeccable organizational, analytical and time management skills;
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic environment;
- Experience in managing geographically distributed teams;
- Experience and desire to work collaboratively in a team of managers of the same level, making group decisions.
Nice to have:
- Experience in managing/leading development of e-commerce solutions;
- Experience of work and management in a high paced environment or fast-growing company.
What’s In It For you:
- Fast-growing international company with challenges for creative and result oriented professional;
- Personalized Approach: Semi-Annual Performance Review, helpful and engaging international environment with numerous opportunities for professional growth;
- A network-style culture with geographically distributed teams;
- Well set own SDLC process with the use of Agile, Scrum, Waterfall depending on a project;
- Coaching and reviews to support your career development;
- Internal/external engineering and business training and conferences and time for self-education.
Your Work-Life at Astound Commerce:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, e.g. such as days for remote work, flexible working time, etc;
- Comprehensive Social Package: Support Work-Life Balance, Healthy Lifestyle;
- Extensive technical library with option to order books and English classes;
- Business trips to other offices’ locations;
- Comfortable Office space.