• Knowledge and some practical experience with Docker or AWS;
• Familiarity with POSIX environments like Linux, and the command line;
• Communication skills, including Upper-Intermediate verbal and written English;
• Ability to quickly, independently, and enjoyably learn new technologies.
• Well set SDLC process with use of Agile, Scrum, Waterfall depending on a project;
• Coaching and reviews to support your career development;
• Internal/external engineering and business training and conferences and time for self-education;
• Extensive technical library with option to order books and English classes;
• A network-style culture with geographically distributed teams, easy communications and access to clients;
• Possible international on-site visits;
• Work-life balance approach and healthy lifestyle programs.
• Participate in our Scrum workflow including pair programming; code reviews; daily standups; Jira task management; demo, retro, and planning meetings;
• Collaboratively solve problems with product managers, clients, designers, and other engineers;
• Write maintainable and performant code in languages like Node.js, React, and partially Java;
• Write code that interacts with API’s like AWS, Facebook Messenger, and 3d renderers;
• Thoroughly unit test your work in conjunction with our CI/CD process;
• Clearly document your work via inline comments as well as wiki guides;
• Run server code in Docker and deploy it to Kubernetes;
• Run client code in browsers, chatbots, or voice frontends;
• Support existing customers;
• Maintain production environments.
We are looking for new Senior members of the platform engineering team responsible for the creation and ongoing development of Fluid Configure, which is the leading online product configuration platform that features the administration of complex product configurations, photorealistic product imagery, and user-friendly frontends.
Who we are and what we do:
Astound Commerce, the world’s largest privately held digital commerce agency, combines strategy, technology, creativity, insight and a proven methodology to deliver exceptional digital shopping experiences. Through a forward-thinking, results-driven approach, Astound Commerce serves leading global brands such as Adidas, L’Oreal, Under Armour, Jimmy Choo, Lacoste and Versace. Founded in San Francisco in 2000, the passionate team of some 700 dedicated, diverse industry and technology experts has decades of ecommerce experience and more than 400 implementations under their belt to address the complex challenges, advancing technologies and unique needs of global markets. To learn more, visit astoundcommerce.com