• 7+ years of experience in frontend and/or web development;
• 3+ years of people management experience (20+ team members);
• 2+ years of FE manager or/and project management experience (for medium-to-large software development projects with a variety of software development methodologies);
• Be an independent, self-motivated leader who is able to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results;
• Strong communication, collaboration, negotiation and teamwork skills;
• Advanced spoken and written English skills;
• Experience with interviewing, on-boarding and coaching of FE engineers;
• Impeccable organizational, analytical and time management skills;
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic environment;
• Experience in managing geographically distributed teams.
• Experience in development or managing/leading ecommerce solutions is highly desired;
• Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud (DW), Intershop, Magento, Netsuite, Kibo (ML) or IBM WebSphere Commerce platforms;
• Working and managing within a small-company and/or growth environment;
• PMP or CSM certification.
• Knowledgebase of #1 global ecommerce delivery in Ukraine;
• Trainings and certifications;
• A constant inflow of ecommerce projects with global outreach;
• Well set SDLC process with use of Agile, Scrum, Waterfall depending on a project;
• Coaching and reviews to support your career development;
• Internal/external engineering and business training and conferences and time for self-education;
• Extensive technical library with option to order books and English classes;
• A network-style culture with geographically distributed teams, easy communications and access to clients;
• Possible international on-site visits;
• Work-life balance approach and healthy lifestyle programs.
• Manage and mentor all members of distributed FE engineering team to build a highly professional and motivated group;
• Initiate new vacancies opening and make final decisions on hiring all levels of FE Engineers (from juniors to leads);
• Make decisions on engineers’ termination;
• Create a solution-oriented and thinking culture in engineering;
• Contribute to knowledge sharing and other internal communication forums;
• Conduct semi-annual performance assessments, including SMART goals setting, promotions and compensation reviews.
• Allocate engineers with the right skill sets to client projects ensuring adequate project staffing;
• Track and report on resource utilization identifying any resource imbalances and meeting team’s billable utilization goals.
Project management (no direct involvement):
• Collaborate with project and account/engagement managers to deliver projects on time, on budget, while meeting customer expectations;
• Provide proactive technical counsel to project leadership staff to ensure accuracy and completeness of technical understanding and communication.
• Take part at company’s strategic initiatives, e.g. contributions in setup of new locations, internal processes creation and improvements, adoption of best practices on the company’s level. Define, implement, manage and refine software development life cycle processes for the delivery of multiple and concurrent customer projects;
• Ensure the adherence to organizationally defined technical practices and procedures through conducting regular engineering audits;
• Define and enforce standards and tools for FE activities;
• Collaborate with other engineering managers to ensure consistency and alignment between engineering groups.
The Frontend Functional Manager will be responsible for leading a high-performance project driven frontend development team.