About Astound Commerce
Astound Commerce is a global digital commerce company that provides end-to-end services—from creating a data-driven strategy and delivering UX services to building an ecommerce solution for a variety of clients such as L’Oréal, Boohoo, Halfords, FLOR, TOMS, and Crocs. With 20+ years’ experience, 1,400+ ecommerce specialists, more than 3,000 projects completed, and dozens of industry accolades, we excel at maximizing the brand and business value of every digital commerce touchpoint. Astound Commerce currently operates in 14 countries with 20 offices worldwide.
We are searching for a self-motivated Country Manager to help with our aggressive organization expansion. This leader will support all operations in the country. Responsibilities include supporting cost management, recruitment, training, budgeting, reporting, and assessing performance. The Country Manager supports all people located in the country and makes recommendations regarding people decisions to their direct managers.
To be successful as a Country Manager, you should be a strong public speaker, have good networking abilities and be passionate about Astound Commerce. Outstanding candidates should be able to work without supervision and demonstrate cultural sensitivity.
This role will report to the Senior Vice President of Operations
In this role you will get to
- Support all business activities in the country, being responsible for all growth and quality goals.
- Coordinating with local government agencies and community leaders to support company operations in accordance with local laws and customs
- Representing the company’s interests in the local community by participating in community activities and events
- Ensuring that marketing campaigns meet local standards and appeal to local resources
- Supporting the selecting, hiring, training, and managing a staff of local employees
- Coordinating with other company departments to ensure that policies and procedures are executed appropriately
- Establishing relationships with local businesses and civic organizations in order to build employer brand awareness and generate leads for recruiting
- Be brand ambassador and country representative, educate global Astound stakeholders about the country’s needs so it can successfully establish itself.
- Researching the country or region thoroughly and adapting strategies accordingly.
- Responsible for supporting the HR team in order to assure the recruiting efforts and supporting all employees, promoting the desired organizational culture and leading the team towards the desired goals.
- Liaising with IT, Facilities & Administration, FP&A, Accounting, Legal, Procurement, Marketing, Learning & Development, and Employee Branding to support their activities with the country.
- Work hand to hand with the leadership team to implement an effective brand strategy and ensure consistency.
- Executing local agreements
- Leading all Business Continuity efforts within the country and participating as a member of the global Business Continuity team.
- You have to deal with 360-degree management with a big picture of the overall business.
Your skills and qualifications
- Experience working in a technology high growth organization preferably with global operations.
- 10+ years or proven experience in strong organizational management and leadership skills
- Proven experience as a Country Manager, Operations Head, Operations Director, or similar leadership role.
- Good interpersonal communicator and leadership skills to lead the team toward success.
- Familiarity with all business functions including HR, talent acquisition, finance, accounting, legal, facilities, procurement, marketing and IT.
- Degree in Management or Business Administration or related field.
- A good knowledge base of the country/region, and a willingness to learn.
- Manage projects effectively while working on multifaceted projects with many different stakeholders.
- Solid leadership skills in order to motivate their team, delegate tasks, encourage professional development, navigate challenges and change within their organization.
- Effective communicator who can convey their ideas and instructions clearly and make sure their team members understand them.
- Strategic thinker who can make decisions that affect the company’s strategy in a particular country, considering the long-term effects of their decisions and evaluating the potential outcomes of various options.
- Strong problem-solver who can resolve issues between employees and suppliers.
- Embodiment of Servant Leadership management style for all levels of stakeholders
What we offer in return
- Off-the-Charts Career Growth: Сlear career path and a performance review system, career coaching, training and certifications, mentoring and knowledge sharing
- Well-being Is Top Priority: Parental leave, paid time off, comprehensive health and medical plans
- Real Work-Life Balance: Remote, in-office, or hybrid working modes; flexible hours; work-life balance support on every stage and level
Why work for Astound Commerce?
In this role, you will play a key part in the growth of our company as we work toward creating a world-class operation that will shape the future of digital commerce around the world.
Grow your career with Astound and become part of one united team leading the digital commerce revolution.