Our recruitment efforts in Ukraine continue. Please apply whether you are inside or outside of Ukraine.
About Astound Commerce
Astound Commerce is a global digital commerce company that provides end-to-end services—from creating a data-driven strategy and delivering UX services to building an ecommerce solution for a variety of clients such as Adidas, Puma, Versace, and Jimmy Choo, Tommy Hilfiger, Hugo Boss, and Crocs. With 20+ years’ experience, 1,400+ ecommerce specialists, more than 3,000 projects completed, and dozens of industry accolades, we excel at maximizing the brand and business value of every digital commerce touchpoint. Astound Commerce currently operates in 14 countries with 20 offices worldwide.
In this role, you will get to
- Incorporate the organization’s SDLC regarding planning, managing, and controlling project and product quality requirements in order to meet stakeholders’ objectives. Apply frequent quality and review step built-in throughout the project; tailor the processes when appropriate to meet the project objectives.
- Ensure the timely and appropriate collection, creation, distribution, storage, retrieval, management, monitoring, and the ultimate disposition of project information.
- Ensure that the project team and equipment assigned and allocated to the project are available as planned: effectively negotiate with other Astound departments and influence others who are in a position to provide the required team and equipment for the project
- Provide status reporting, progress measurement, and forecasting. Provide appropriate reporting on project progress and status to program management when the project is part of an overall program.
- Develop and post-project artifacts (Communication management plan, Risks management plan, Iteration Schedule document, etc.) in a transparent fashion, and hold regular team and stakeholder reviews.
- Be primarily responsible for coordinating activities and daily communications with the project team and client (facilitate Daily Standups and Demos), making sure that clients’ expectations regarding project results are achieved.
- Identify the people, groups, or organizations that could impact or be impacted by the project, analyze stakeholder expectations and their impact on the project, and apply appropriate management strategies for effectively engaging stakeholders in project decisions and execution.
- Conduct regular interactions with the stakeholder community throughout the project to mitigate risks, build trust, and support adjustments earlier in the project cycle.
- Generate a high-level forecast of project labor costs, which can then be adjusted. Analyze team capacity and plan project iterations based on the detailed estimates made by the team.
- Use short cycles to undertake work, review the results, and adapt as necessary. Approach iterative scheduling and on-demand, pull-based scheduling, etc.
- Monitor and measure the iteration’s progress, and compare actual iteration/project performance against the project management plan/the baselines. Ensure those cost expenditures do not exceed the authorized funding by period or by activity.
- Perform recurring retrospectives and Lessons Learned to check on the effectiveness of the processes.
- Identify, analyze and manage Risks during each iteration. Check the status of project risks.
- Perform frequent reviews of incremental work products and project teams to accelerate knowledge sharing and ensure that risk is understood and managed.
- Build a collaborative decision-making environment and ensure the team has the ability to respond to changes.
- Ensure that all new requirements (scope; team capacity; timelines) are acted on in a timely manner and actual changes are managed as they occur.
- Inform appropriate stakeholders of all approved changes and associated costs.
- Define and refine scope/Product backlog throughout the project within Iterations.
- Develop resource calendars to plan resources accordingly in order to control costs and achieve the schedule.
- Identify, acquire, and manage the resources needed for the successful completion of the iteration.
- Track team member performance, provide feedback, resolve issues, and manage team changes to optimize project performance.
- Improve team competencies, team member interaction, and the overall team environment to enhance project performance.
Your skills and qualifications
- At least 3 years of project management experience in software development projects, managing medium-size teams (up to 10 people);
- Good understanding of project management areas in accordance with the Agile Practice Guide;
- 2-3 years leading a group of team members in Software Development in an Agile Environment.
- Experience in practical usage of at least one Agile software development methodology (Scrum, Kanban, Scaled Agile, etc);
- Practical experience in using the main project management tools (MS Project, JIRA, etc.);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a changing environment;
- Ability to work effectively as a project team leader;
- Flexibility, and self-motivation, result in focus;
- Upper-intermediate level of written and spoken English;
- Experience in managing web development and/or e-commerce solutions development projects;
- Proven records of education in the Agile project management area. Professional certification (ACP etc.).
What we offer in return
- Well-structured processes;
- Knowledgebase of the world’s largest ecommerce delivery team;
- Professional training and certifications;
- Off-the-Charts Career Growth: Сlear career path and a performance review system, career coaching, training and certifications, mentoring, and knowledge sharing.
- Well-being Is Top Priority: Parental leave, paid time off, comprehensive health and medical plans.
- Real Work-Life Balance: Remote, in-office, or hybrid working modes; flexible hours; work-life balance support on every stage and level.
- Culture of Success: Culture of collaboration that encourages innovation every step of the way; 20 offices spanning four continents bring diverse perspectives that drive tangible results for our clients worldwide.
Why work for Astound Commerce?
Whether you’re working directly with our world-renowned clients or with your Astound colleagues from around the globe, you will shape the future of digital commerce, using emerging technologies and innovative approaches.
Grow your career with Astound Commerce, and discover exciting opportunities while doing the work you love!