About Astound Commerce
Astound Commerce is a global digital commerce company that provides end-to-end services—from creating a data-driven strategy and delivering UX services to building an e-commerce solution for a variety of clients such as L’Oréal, Boohoo, Halfords, FLOR, TOMS, and Crocs. With 20+ years’ experience, 1,400+ e-commerce specialists, more than 3,000 projects completed, and dozens of industry accolades, we excel at maximizing the brand and business value of every digital commerce touchpoint. Astound Commerce currently operates in 14 countries with 20 offices worldwide.
The QA Engineering Manager will lead an award-winning, high-performance project-driven team of experts in Quality Assurance, Performance, Security, and Test Automation, working alongside 5 other seasoned QA Managers.
In this role, you’ll get to
- Own full-cycle of hiring from vacancy initiation to final decision-making;
- Manage and mentor distributed QA Team members of all seniority levels;
- Conduct semi-annual performance assessments, including SMART goals setting, reviews, terminations;
- Contribute to knowledge sharing (e.g., driving organization of training and knowledge base articles by experts);
- Lead QA team-building efforts and, where applicable, facilitate cross-functional team-building;
- Be responsible for resource allocation to ensure engineers with the right skill sets are assigned to appropriate client projects;
- Track and report on resource utilization, identifying any resource imbalances and meeting the team’s billable utilization goals;
- Collaborate with project and program/engagement managers to support the delivery of the projects;
- Initiate project audits and lessons learned sessions;
- Lead QA services development, such as Test Automation, Performance, Security testing, and others.
- Take part in the strategic initiatives, e.g., setting up new locations and/or internal processes, adoption of best practices on the company level.
Your skills and qualifications
- Minimum 7 years of experience in software development projects on software testing, development, or management positions;
- Over 3 years of management experience, including people management experience of 15+ team members/ Managerial experience as HRD/HR BP in international IT company, is also suitable;
- Be an independent, self-motivated leader who can motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results;
- Strong communication, collaboration, negotiation, and teamwork skills;
- Upper-Intermediate spoken and written English communication skills;
- Experience with interviewing, onboarding, and mentoring of engineers;
- Experience in managing geographically distributed teams.
What we offer in return
- Off-the-Charts Career Growth: Сlear career path and a performance review system, career coaching, training and certifications, mentoring and knowledge sharing
- Well-being Is Top Priority: Parental leave, paid time off, comprehensive health and medical plans
- Real Work-Life Balance: Remote, in-office, or hybrid working modes; flexible hours; work-life balance support on every stage and level
- Culture of Success: Culture of collaboration that encourages innovation every step of the way; 20 offices spanning four continents bring diverse perspectives that drive tangible results for our clients worldwide
Why work for Astound Commerce
Whether you’re working directly with our world-renowned clients or with your Astound colleagues from around the globe, you will shape the future of digital commerce, using emerging technologies and innovative approaches.
Grow your career with Astound Commerce, and discover exciting opportunities while doing the work you love!