About Astound Commerce
Astound Commerce is a global ecommerce agency headquartered in the US. With over 1200 professionals in 12 countries, we are one of the world’s largest teams of ecommerce experts. Top brands like Adidas, Puma, Versace, Jimmy Choo, Tommy Hilfiger, Hugo Boss and Crocs are among our clients. Company centers in Eastern Europe are focused on the development of ecommerce solutions on Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware), Hybris, IBM WebSphere Commerce, Intershop, Kibo, Magento, NetSuite.
Release Coordinator coordinates deployments/releases of an inter-dependent set of applications/products, they maintain the process to remove roadblocks and provide increased visibility to all stakeholders about release status and plans. The Release Coordinator is guided by established procedures and agreements with the Client, he/she escalates any gap in processes and proposes the improvements.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Release Planning, Design & Build:
• Coordinate planning including risk mitigation, release activities, people and technology planning which starts at early sprint planning; incorporate all dependencies (technical services, downstream systems, testing, configuration, resource & cross team, and environment);
• Maintain the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across all parties internal and external;
• Run/participate in Release CAB meetings to discuss release scope and blockages. Escalate release issues and risks with appropriate technical, managerial, client and third party representatives;
• Assess build readiness for a particular release on a high level and coordinate issues resolution across teams involved;
• Assess release management processes and propose improvements.
Release Test & Quality Assurance:
• Configuration management, coordination of process assurance with quality;
• Ensure the quality of testing is at the correct standard;
• Manage build verification process for each release;
• Risk assessment and mitigation of release of all related technologies, to ensure all technologies pose a low as possible risk;
• Confirm all testing conducted meets the deployment requirements and poses a low risk to the release.
Release Deployment & Support:
• Coordinate and control release readiness including involved resources (all sides), configuration readiness, possible blockers;
• Conduct Release Readiness reviews and Business Go/no Go reviews;
• Go/no go coordination;
• Early life support. Coordination of Production issues resolution detected during Warranty period.
What We’re Looking For:
• Strong communication skills;
• Ability to work independently;
• Strong analytical, conceptual thinking skills, strong troubleshooting skills;
• Result-oriented with attention to details;
• English Upper Intermediate or higher;
• Advanced knowledge of the full SDLC (including Agile);
• Knowledge of ITIL standards;
What’s In It For you:
• Knowledgebase of the world’s largest ecommerce delivery team;
• Trainings and certifications;
• A constant inflow of ecommerce projects with global outreach;
• Well set SDLC process with use of Agile, Scrum, Waterfall depending on a project;
• Coaching and reviews to support your career development;
• Internal/external engineering and business training and conferences and time for self-education;
• Extensive technical library with option to order books and English classes.
Your Work-Life at Astound Commerce:
• A network-style culture with geographically distributed teams, easy communications and access to clients;
• Possible international on-site visits;
• Work-life balance approach and healthy lifestyle programs.