About Astound Commerce
Astound Commerce is a global ecommerce agency headquartered in the US. With over 1200 professionals in 12 countries, we are one of the world’s largest teams of ecommerce experts. Top brands like Adidas, Puma, Versace, Jimmy Choo, Tommy Hilfiger, Hugo Boss and Crocs are among our clients. Company centers in Eastern Europe are focused on the development of ecommerce solutions on Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware), Hybris, IBM WebSphere Commerce, Intershop, Kibo, Magento, NetSuite.
What we are looking for
• At least 3 years of project management experience in software development projects, managing medium size teams (up to 10 people);
• Good understanding of project management areas in accordance with Agile Practice Guide;
• Experience of practical usage at least one Agile software development methodology (Scrum, Kanban, Scaled Agile etc);
• Practical experience of usage the main project management tools (MS Project, JIRA, etc.);
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a changing environment;
• Ability to work effectively as a project team leader;
• Flexibility, self-motivation, result focus;
• Upper-intermediate level of written and spoken English.
What you will be doing
• Incorporate the organization’s SDLC regarding planning, managing, and controlling project and product quality requirements in order to meet stakeholders’ objectives. Apply frequent quality and review steps built in throughout the project; tailor the processes when appropriate to meet the project objectives;
• Ensure timely and appropriate collection, creation, distribution, storage, retrieval, management, monitoring, and the ultimate disposition of project information;
• Ensure that the project team and equipment assigned and allocated to the project are available as planned: effectively negotiate with other Astound departments and influence others who are in a position to provide the required team and equipment for the project;
• Provide status reporting, progress measurement, and forecasting. Provide appropriate reporting on project progress and status to program management when the project is part of an overall program;
• Develop and post project artifacts (Communication management plan, Risks management plan, Iteration Schedule document etc.) in a transparent fashion, and hold regular team and stakeholder reviews;
• Be primarily responsible for coordinating activities and daily communications with the project team and client (facilitate Daily Standups and Demos), making sure that clients expectations regarding project results are achieved;
• Identify the people, groups, or organizations that could impact or be impacted by the project, analyze stakeholder expectations and their impact on the project, and apply appropriate management strategies for effectively engaging stakeholders in project decisions and execution;
• Conduct regular interactions with the stakeholder community throughout the project to mitigate risks, build trust, and support adjustments earlier in the project cycle;
• Generate a high-level forecast of project labor costs, which can then be adjusted. Analyze team capacity and plan project iterations based on the detailed estimates made by the team;
• Use short cycles to undertake work, review the results, and adapt as necessary. Approach iterative scheduling and on-demand, pull-based scheduling etc.
• Monitor and measure the iteration’s progress, compare actual iteration/project performance against the project management plan/the baselines. Ensure that cost expenditures do not exceed the authorized funding by period or by activity;
• Perform recurring retrospectives and Lessons Learnt to check on the effectiveness of the processes;
• Identify, analyze and manage Risks during each iteration. Check the status of project risks;
• Perform frequent reviews of incremental work products and project teams to accelerate knowledge sharing and ensure that risk is understood and managed;
• Build a collaborative decision-making environment and ensure the team has the ability to respond to changes;
• Ensure that all new requirements (scope; team capacity; timelines) are acted on in a timely manner and actual changes are managed as they occur;
• Inform appropriate stakeholders of all approved changes and associated costs;
• Define and refine scope/Product backlog throughout the project within Iterations;
• Develop resource calendars to plan resources accordingly in order to control costs and achieve the schedule;
• Identify, acquire, and manage the resources needed for the successful completion of the iteration;
• Track team member performance, provide feedback, resolve issues, and manage team changes to optimize project performance;
• Improve team competencies, team member interaction, and the overall team environment to enhance project performance.
Will be a plus
• Experience in managing web development and/or e-commerce solutions development projects;
• Proven records of education in the Agile project management area. Professional certification (ACP etc.).
What’s In It For you
• Fast growing international company challenges for creative and result oriented professional;
• Personalized Approach: Semi-Annual Performance Review, helpful and engaging international environment with numerous opportunities for professional growth;
• A network-style culture with geographically distributed teams.
Your Work-Life at Astound Commerce
• Competitive compensation and benefits package, e.g. such as remote work, flexible working time, etc;
• Comprehensive Social Package: Support Work-Life Balance, Healthy Lifestyle;
• Business trips to other offices’ location;
• Comfortable Office.