About Astound Commerce
Astound Commerce is a global ecommerce agency headquartered in the US. With over 1200 professionals in 12 countries, we are one of the world’s largest teams of ecommerce experts. Top brands like Adidas, Puma, Versace, Jimmy Choo, Tommy Hilfiger, Hugo Boss and Crocs are among our clients. Company centers in Eastern Europe are focused on the development of ecommerce solutions on Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware), Hybris, IBM WebSphere Commerce, Intershop, Kibo, Magento, NetSuite.
The Performance Test Engineer is a part of a high-performance Performance test team responsible for performance testing of complex e-commerce solutions. This job requires solid technical skills to provide performance testing expertise throughout the entire software development life cycle. You should have expertise with the performance testing life cycle, solid experience with writing performance test scenarios and scripts, and use of performance testing tools and frameworks.
What You’ll Be Doing:
• Analyze and elicit non-functional requirements (incl. performance-related);
• Create performance testing scenarios according to operational profile;
• Execute planned performance tests defined within the project;
• Analyze results of performance tests, create and present report;
• Create performance bug reports in the bug tracking system and perform the fixed bugs verification;
• Actively participate in daily project team meetings and brainstorming activities related to the project issues;
• Collaborate with other teams across the engineering department;
• Provide estimation for planned performance testing and all related activities;
• Actively contribute to continuous improvements to performance testing methodology;
• Work with Lead and project leads in defining technical issues and performance bottlenecks;
• Conduct on-boarding and coaching of new Performance Test Engineers (if needed).
What We’re Looking For:
• 1+ year of performance testing experience for web-services and applications with distributed architecture and databases;
• The solid theoretical knowledge base in performance testing;
• Experience with different load test types execution (smoke, stress, spike, capacity, etc.);
• Performance test experience in the cloud-based environment like AWS etc.
• Experience with metrics analysis (client-side and server-side);
• Experience with version control systems like Git;
• Experience with performance testing estimation;
• Experience with tools;
• Experience with documentation;
• Basic knowledge of programming (JS, groovy, java, python, etc.);
• Intermediate English writing and speaking skills.
Good to have:
• Practical experience with performance testing of an e-commerce platform
• Acknowledgment with analytical tools (like Google Analytics);
• Experience with databases (InfluxDB, SQL like DBs)
• Experience with different performance test activities: RQs analysis, test plan and strategy updates, risk management;
• Proficient level in communications with a client.
What’s In It For you:
• Knowledgebase of the world’s largest ecommerce delivery team;
• Trainings and certifications;
• A constant inflow of ecommerce projects with global outreach;
• Well set SDLC process with use of Agile, Scrum, Waterfall depending on a project;
• Coaching and reviews to support your career development;
• Internal/external engineering and business training and conferences and time for self-education;
• Extensive technical library with option to order books and English classes.
Your Work-Life at Astound Commerce:
• A network-style culture with geographically distributed teams, easy communications and access to clients;
• Possible international on-site visits;
• Work-life balance approach and healthy lifestyle programs.