About Astound Commerce
Astound Commerce is a global ecommerce agency headquartered in the US. With over 1200 professionals in 12 countries, we are one of the world’s largest teams of ecommerce experts. Top brands like Adidas, Puma, Versace, Jimmy Choo, Tommy Hilfiger, Hugo Boss and Crocs are among our clients. Company centers in Eastern Europe are focused on the development of ecommerce solutions on Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware), Hybris, IBM WebSphere Commerce, Intershop, Kibo, Magento, NetSuite.
PHP Magento Developer will be part of a high-performance feature driven development team responsible for building complex ecommerce solutions. This job requires technical skills to provide coding expertise throughout the entire development lifecycle.
What You’ll Be Doing:
• Analyze business and technical specifications/requirements and develop enterprise-level ecommerce solutions;
• Work with frontend development team to ensure proper implementation of website’s functionality;
• Help with managing projects through design, development and QA processes;
• Actively participate in daily project team meetings and brainstorming activities related to the project issues;
• Provide updates to effort estimates and status of assigned tasks.
What We’re Looking For:
• Independent, self-motivated team player that is meticulous and methodical in creating solutions.
• Familiarity with Atlassian suite of products (Jira, Confluence, Fisheye + Crucible);
• Experience working in geographically distributed teams.
• Minimum 3 years of PHP and MySQL programming;
• 2+ years experience in developing ecommerce solutions with Magento;
• Experience with PHP frameworks such as Zend Framework or Symfony;
• Knowledge of Object Oriented principles. Experience in UNIX systems on a user level.
• Experience with working on complex functional software projects that require a deep understanding of the application logic and dependencies;
• Experience in developing web-based applications;
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic environment;
• At least pre-intermediate level of spoken and written English communication skills.
What’s In It For you:
• Knowledgebase of the world’s largest ecommerce delivery team;
• Trainings and certifications;
• A constant inflow of ecommerce projects with global outreach;
• Well set SDLC process with use of Agile, Scrum, Waterfall depending on a project;
• Coaching and reviews to support your career development;
• Internal/external engineering and business training and conferences and time for self-education;
• Extensive technical library with option to order books and English classes;
Your Work-Life at Astound Commerce:
• A network-style culture with geographically distributed teams, easy communications and access to clients;
• Possible international on-site visits;
• Work-life balance approach and healthy lifestyle programs.