About Astound Commerce
Astound Commerce is a global ecommerce agency headquartered in the US. With over 1200 professionals in 12 countries, we are one of the world’s largest teams of ecommerce experts. Top brands like Adidas, Puma, Versace, Jimmy Choo, Tommy Hilfiger, Hugo Boss and Crocs are among our clients. Company centers in Eastern Europe are focused on the development of ecommerce solutions on Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware), Hybris, IBM WebSphere Commerce, Intershop, Kibo, Magento, NetSuite.
The Frontend Developer will be part of a high-performance feature driven development team responsible for building complex ecommerce solutions. You must have a proven track record of solving various business and technical problems while taking responsibility for meeting business objectives. This job requires solid technical skills to provide coding expertise throughout the entire software development lifecycle. You should have expertise with software development lifecycle methodologies, solid experience and knowledge of web development, and use of standard design and development tools.
What You’ll Be Doing
• Work with Development Lead and project leads in understanding business needs, defining technical issues, and proposing solutions;
• Help ensure accuracy and completeness of technical documentation and team communications;
• Analyze business and technical specifications/requirements and develop enterprise-level ecommerce solutions;
• Work in collaboration with Graphic Designers & UX Designers to turn their vision into functional HTML templates;
• Work with web development team to ensure proper implementation of website’s functionality;
• Provide updates to effort estimates and status of assigned tasks, and identify development-related risks on assigned projects;
• Provide the best technical solutions for tasks utilizing the best practices and design patterns;
• Support and help developers come up with the best technical solutions;
• Provide recommendations to Development Lead and functional managers on ways to improve processes, systems, tools and role definitions based on program or project-specific experience;
• Actively contribute to continuous improvements to development methodology and underlying processes;
• Help with managing projects through making suggestions for design design, development and QA processes;
• Participate in project team meetings and brainstorming activities related to the project issues.
What We’re Looking For
• 3+ year of frontend development;
• Expert level hand-coding in CSS and HTML (including HTML5, CSS3);
• Experience with frontend grid systems;
• Experience with preprocessors (LESS, Sass, etc.);
• Experience with task runners (Grunt, Gulp, etc.);
• Base knowledge of accessibility, SEO and UX aspects of frontend development;
• Experience with client-side code performance optimization, debugging and debugging tools (Firebug, etc.);
• Experience with responsive web design approach and/or mobile solutions;
• Common understanding of cross-browser/platform issues;
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop;
• Must be an independent, self-motivated team player that is meticulous and methodical in creating solutions;
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic environment;
• Pre-intermediate spoken and written English communication skills.
Good to have
• Personal portfolio of completed projects/products or link to GitHub/CodePen/JSFiddle/StackOverflow etc. accounts;
• Experience with CMS;
• Experience working in geographically distributed teams;
• Experience in developing multiple ecommerce solutions;
• Analytical and time management skills;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as exemplified by writing clear technical specifications, documentation of knowledge, and effective intra- and inter-group communications.
What’s In It For you
• Fast growing international company challenges for creative and result oriented professional;
• Personalized Approach: Semi-Annual Performance Review, helpful and engaging international environment with numerous opportunities for professional growth;
• A network-style culture with geographically distributed teams;
• Well set SDLC process with use of Agile, Scrum, Waterfall depending on a project;
• Coaching and reviews to support your career development;
• Internal/external engineering and business training and conferences and time for self-education.
Your Work-Life at Astound Commerce
• Competitive compensation and benefits package, e.g. such as remote work, flexible working time, etc;
• Comprehensive Social Package: Support Work-Life Balance, Healthy Lifestyle;
• Extensive technical library with option to order books and English classes;
• Business trips to other offices’ location;
• Comfortable Office.