Hi, we’re Astound.
Here at Astound, we transform businesses with bold design work that pushes the limits of digital innovation and commerce solutions. Our clients include global brands such as Nespresso, Puma, Calvin Klein, Louis Vuitton, Under Armour, Swatch and L’Oreal (to name a few). Our incredible multi-disciplinary design team creates everything from platform-based eCommerce solutions, all the way to completely customized bespoke digital products.
What type of person are we looking for?
We are looking for a rare type of designer, who has an eye for visual beauty, and a mind for technical details. This person should enjoy creating wireframes just as much as user flows, charts and beautifully organized spreadsheets. Ideally, this individual should have a design background, and have a natural affinity for technology and visual problem-solving. This person should be eager to take on challenging UX problems and strive for excellence while iterating on multiple solutions.
Your Role on the Astound Design Team.
As a Lead UX Designer at Astound, you will be responsible for crafting wireframes and design solutions, participating in virtual whiteboard brainstorming sessions, and occasionally overseeing the work of mid-to-junior level production designers. You will assist in gathering and defining UX requirements, understand them, and transform them into world-class digital solutions.
You will collaborate closely with a cross-functional international team of design directors, digital strategists, data and analytics experts, project managers, business analysts, developers, engineers, and more.
• Hands-on experience creating exceptional digital experiences;
• 5+ years experience in an interactive agency or working directly for a consumer brand or technology company;
• Experience with e-commerce or transactional design is highly preferred;
• Experience with and knowledge of Salesforce Commerce Cloud is a huge plus;
• Degree in the digital creative or technical arts (User Experience, Interactive, Graphic Design, HCI, CompSci, etc.). We’re willing to be flexible here provided you’ve got an amazing portfolio;
• Expert proficiency in modern design apps is a must. Our latest favorite is Figma, but we also use Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision, and Zeplin.
What You’ll Be Doing:
• Work on multiple simultaneous engagements, creating design solutions that meet our rigorous standards for innovation, precision quality, and superb user experience;
• Facilitate requirements gathering and remote sketching workshops with the client;
• Understand design effort/complexity to achieve an optimal balance between user needs, business constraints, and technical feasibility;
• Creation of digital strategy deliverables such as user journeys and user personas;
• Bring concepts and features to life with detailed and beautiful wireframes, user flows, and write precise functional annotations;
• Prototype and test complex interactions with a range of tools from Figma to InVision to Principle;
• Work collaboratively with visual designers, developers, copywriters, project management, our global design and production design team members;
• Contribute to the team culture, entrepreneurial spirit and proactive approach to problem-solving;
• Stays abreast of technological innovations in technology, design, online shopping and commerce innovation
• The fast, nimble thinker who can see the big picture, and also handle the fine details;
• Exceptional design taste and aesthetic sense;
• Ability to be both hands-on and provide clear direction to junior designers and production designers;
• Expert hands-on knowledge of Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision (and other prototyping tools), Zeplin, Keynote — and the ability to learn new tools as needed. Experience in Figma a plus!
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Excellent presentation skills;
• The ability to articulate value of design and it’s process both internally and externally;
• Must have an online portfolio of beautifully designed work;
• Attention to detail and personal organization;
• Professional under pressure and tight deadlines;
• Experience in visual design, interaction design and motion design a huge plus!
What’s In It For you:
• Knowledgebase of the world’s largest eCommerce delivery team;
• Trainings and certifications;
• A constant inflow of eCommerce projects with global outreach;
• Well set SDLC process with use of Agile, Scrum, Waterfall depending on a project;
• Coaching and reviews to support your career development;
• Internal/external engineering and business training and conferences and time for self-education;
Your Work-Life at Astound Commerce:
• Extensive technical library with option to order books and English classes;
• A network-style culture with geographically distributed teams, easy communications and access to clients;
• Work-life balance approach.