About Astound Commerce
Astound Commerce is a global ecommerce agency headquartered in the US. With over 1200 professionals in 12 countries, we are one of the world’s largest teams of ecommerce experts. Top brands like Adidas, Puma, Versace, Jimmy Choo, Tommy Hilfiger, Hugo Boss and Crocs are among our clients. Company centers in Eastern Europe are focused on the development of ecommerce solutions on Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware), Hybris, IBM WebSphere Commerce, Intershop, Kibo, Magento, NetSuite.
What You’ll Be Doing:
• Be responsible for resource allocation to ensure engineers with the right skill sets are assigned to appropriate client projects while ensuring adequate project staffing;
• Track and report on resource utilization identifying any resource imbalances and meeting team’s billable utilization goals;
• Lead team-building efforts and, where applicable, facilitate cross functional team-building to cultivate collaboration and cooperation between functional groups;
• Lead and grow the technology organization, building a highly professional and motivated group;
• Create a solution-oriented and thinking culture in engineering;
• Manage and mentor all members of the engineering team;
• Provide leadership on internal projects, guiding and directing resources, facilitating cross-departmental collaboration, and ensuring delivery of results;
• Collaborate with other engineering managers to ensure consistency and alignment between engineering groups;
• Responsible for implementing, managing, and refining software development life cycle processes for the delivery of multiple and concurrent customer projects;
• Collaborate with project and account managers to prioritize customer deliverables and to deliver projects on time, on budget, while meeting/exceeding customer expectations;
• Put in place sound processes for the engineering team, creating an organization that builds high-performing solutions in a timely and repeatable manner;
• Contribute to knowledge sharing (e.g., conducting internal training and writing Knowledgebase articles) and other internal communication forums.
What We’re Looking For:
• Minimum 7 years of IT experience;
• No less than
• Significant experience with managing medium-to-large software development projects utilizing a variety of project management methodologies like Agile/Scrum, RUP, PMBOK or Waterfall;
• Must be an independent, self-motivated leader who is able to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results;
• Upper-Intermediate spoken and written English communication skills;
• Experience with interviewing and onboarding of developers;
• Experience in managing geographically distributed teams;
• Impeccable leadership, organizational, analytical and time management skills;
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic environment;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as exemplified by writing process documents and effective intra- and inter-group communications.
Good to have:
• Experience in development or managing/leading ecommerce solutions;
• Solid knowledge of web technologies;
• Working and managing within a rapidly growing environment;
• PMP or CSM certification.
What’s In It For you:
• Fast growing international company challenges for creative and result oriented professional;
• Personalized Approach: Semi-Annual Performance Review, helpful and engaging international environment with numerous opportunities for professional growth;
• A network-style culture with geographically distributed teams.
Your Work-Life at Astound Commerce:
• Competitive compensation and benefits package, e.g. such as remote work, flexible working time, etc;
• Comprehensive Social Package: Support Work-Life Balance, Healthy Lifestyle;
• Business trips to other offices’ location;
• Comfortable Office.