• Previous experience with supporting web applications (.NET preferred) — An advantage
• Previous experience at tier 3 support — An advantage
• Understanding and knowledge of Security (SIEM/DDOS...)
• Experience with Windows/Linux servers
• Understanding of basic network concepts
• Experience with monitoring tools (New Relic/SCOM/Splunk) — An advantage
• Experience with Scripting PowerShell/Python — An advantage
• Intermediate English (verbal and written)
• Ability to work in 24*7 shifts including weekends and holidays (3 shifts of 8 hours).
• High-level compensation and regular performance-based salary and career development reviews
• PE accounting and support
• Working in a comfortably located office
• Medical insurance (health), employee assistance program
• Paid vacation, holidays and sick leaves
• Sport compensation
• English classes with native speakers, training, conferences participation
• Referral program
• Team buildings, corporate events.
The NOC (Network Operation Center) Engineer is responsible for monitoring and supporting company production systems.
He/She will verify service availability, send out status updates, identify root causes of production issues, coordinating operations, and engineering teams in order to identify errors and anomalies.
Aspire Global, a publicly-traded gaming company, is seeking a Junior NOC Engineer to join our Technical Operations Group.