We are looking for an experienced Backend Engineer to join a strong and growing team.
As a Backend Engineer, you will be one of the core employees in a small hands-on team that operates in high coding standards and modern development practices.
You will be working with both back-end Java development and serverless services to build and scale our payments platform, which is the core of the unique experience we’re building in the world of B2B financial applications.
Furthermore, you will define build and deployment processes, identify tools and maintain operational excellence.
Each member of our Engineering team is an all-around player that influences the product from the overall experience to the development.
You should be passionate about software engineering and about building a product end-to-end, through the technical design, coding, testing, and deployment phases.
What you will do
- Develop and maintain server-side features to serve and empower our product.
- Ensure high quality of backend code, including rigorous automated testing and code reviews.
- Take an active role in code reviews & pull requests, get your own code reviewed by the team, and become a better developer overall.
- Keep up to date on the latest techniques in development and testing.
- Learn new and enrich other team members.
What you should have
- 8+ years of professional experience as a software engineer with a strong emphasis on backend development in both dynamic and statically typed languages.
- Excellent knowledge of software design and scalable architecture.
- A deep understanding of backend production systems.
- Hands-on experience with AWS or an equivalent cloud platform.
- Independent, fast learner, and excited about learning new technologies.
- Proactive team player with a desire to impact our team, our product, and our customers.
- Fluent English — spoken and written.
- 1+ years of experience with Node.js is a big advantage.
- Experience working on payments systems or risk systems is a plus.
- Ability to self-learn new skills and technologies.
- Motivated fast independent learner and great at problem-solving.
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills.
As an advantage
- Experience in frontend development using modern JS frameworks (React- an advantage)