Our client is a fast growing nationwide network of home service experts.
For our client we are seeking a full-time Director of Staff who will lead the two main divisions of the organization — Human Resources and Administration and Employee Experience and Engagement.
This role reports directly to the Founder/CEO and is a full-time remote position.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Human Resources and Administration:
● Maintain an “open door policy” and contribute to leading a culture that makes the company “The Best Place to Work”.
● Provide employees with an unparalleled career experience in a safe, supportive and engaging workplace which promotes personal and professional development.
● Align HR strategy to business strategies and implement initiatives to meet the constantly evolving development goals of our people and the company.
● Lead, develops policy, directs and coordinates HR activities, such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, and employee services for the advancement of the company.
● Writes and delivers presentations to corporate management and staff regarding human resources policies and practices as needed.
● Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance
● Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization
Employee Experience and Engagement:
● Align everyone under the same goal and keep them engaged in achieving it.
● Be an excellent internal communicator and storyteller to streamline any communication that occurs within the organization and keeps employees informed and engaged with
the activities of different departments across the company.
● Lead the development and implementation of all internal marketing and communication strategies, recognition programs and events to ensure initiatives are in line with the strategic priorities.
● Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders
● Ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages
● Focus on improving culture and employee experience and engagement.
● Have worked with a founder/owner of a company or organization
● Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in business administration, human resources or similar field
● Experience in data analysis and budget management
● Consulting experience, with a focus on operations management
● Strong project-reporting skills, with focus on interdepartmental communications
● A minimum of five years related human resources experience, including at least three years in leadership roles required.
● Ability to demonstrate strong, effective interpersonal and communication skills
● Must be an excellent communicator
● Must be a people-focused person