Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one.
Together, Amazonians research and develop new technologies from Amazon Web Services to Alexa on behalf of our customers: shoppers, sellers, content creators, and developers around the world.
Our mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company. Our actions, goals, projects, programs, and inventions begin and end with the customer top of mind.
You’ll also hear us say that at Amazon, it’s always "Day 1." What do we mean? That our approach remains the same as it was on Amazon’s very first day — to make smart, fast decisions, stay nimble, invent, and focus on delighting our customers.
As a Software Development Engineer at Amazon, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative consumer electronics products in IOT space. You will work closely with an internal interdisciplinary team and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and test. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
· The ideal candidate has current and extensive experience developing and building distributed systems and applications.
· Has in-depth expertise working with distributed systems and understands how they are deployed.
· Enjoys working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems
· Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
· Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
· Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge
· Has experience working with various AWS service offerings and can identify the right architecture for the problem in hand
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
· Proven experience doing hands-on software development
· Proven experience working with Distributed systems and building micro-services
· Proven experience developing scalable web services
· Proven experience of coding skills in one of the modern programming languages (Java,Go, Rust, C/C++, Python)
· Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
· Proven experience in Go or Java
· Experience working in IOT and building scalable backend services
· Experience with working on AWS services(S3, DynamoDB, EC2, Kinesis, SQS, IAM).
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
· Proficiency in the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages (Java,Go, Rust, C/C++, Python) and open-source technologies
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong data analysis and debugging skills
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates