At least 5 years of software development management experience is required as well as proven experience oа solving complex DevOps issues.
Skills & Competencies:
● Experience with CI systems (Jenkins, TeamCity);
● AWS — EC2, RDS, ECS etc;
● Docker and orchestration: Swarm, Kubernetes;
● Elastic Search, RabbitMQ;
● Bash / Powershell scripting experience;
● Windows / Linux — admin level;
● Experience with SVN / GIT — as a user and as an infrastructure owner;
● Experience with high loaded distributed multi-tenanted cloud systems. Including Disaster recovering mechanisms; Monitoring and logging; Redundancy (data, network, apps);
● Comfortable working with distributed teams
● Advanced level of English Language.
Opportunity to solve real-life engineering problems in the really exciting electronics design industry.
Entrepreneurial culture guaranteeing:
● Strong sense of accomplishment;
● Close feedback loop with the Customers;
● No nonsense projects.
The transformational phase of the company, both business and technology-wise:
● Market leadership by 2020 (please check how’s Altium doing financially);
● Rapid expansion of product portfolio and migration to the SaaS model.
● There is a trial period (t.p.) for 3 months (after t.p. the salary can be revised);
● Flexible working schedule, 40 hours per week;
● Overtimes are rarely, the company tries to avoid such moments;
● Business trips are paid;
● The company employs people only in an official manner completely legally and according to the Code of Labor Laws in Ukraine.
Altium’s main product is one of the top market’s CAD Software for PCB Design. In the nearest future our business priority is to run plenty of cloud solutions.
We a looking for a person who is able and inspired to build a DevOps culture from scratch and to handle all the related challenges we face. Along with a systemic discipline we are looking for candidates who can approach the DevOps discipline in new and creative ways and who are open and passionate about exploring new technologies to improve our overall environment.
Duties and responsibilities
● Contribute to the design and implementation of automated infrastructure to allow teams;
to develop continuous build, deploy, test and release processes (build/test system, CI etc);
● Help to design, create and maintain cloud environments (production with the customer’s data and non-production): Proactive data security policy implementation; Design and implement AWS production; Implement monitoring to ensure reliability and performance meets or exceeds business goals;
● Provide training and support to software engineering teams during design /implementation/support phases.
We’re a software company that provides applications and solutions aimed to help electronic engineers to design and create electronic products. More specifically, we’re a PCB design company — we provide CAD solutions to help to design and manufacture Printed Circuit Boards — the foundation of every electronics product presently. We’re 30 years in the market, and our flagship offering — Altium Designer has been hugely successful and is by far a preferred tool in the engineering communities.
Here you can check in detail what the company has already made. It can help you to understand the complexity of the tasks:
The prospects for growth:
Software development is a first step in the company, where a person can make a significant contribution to the product and promote his ideas, bringing them to reality. If everything goes well, there is a chance to move into the leaders of the team/architects/product and project managers.
How many people work in the Kiev office: 60+ people (third of them are QAs). Most of the employees are developers.