Skills required by the tech stack:
● 5+ years of experience in software engineering (preferably R&D in a product company);
● 1+ years of experience as a team lead;
● WCF, WebAPI, .Net Core, REST API
● WebSocket, Entity Framework, Unity, etc.
● AWS Experience, EC2, ECS, RDS, etc.
● CI, CD, Jenkins, Docker
● MySQL (FireBird, Oracle as a plus)
• Experience with managed / unmanaged code (C# / C++)
• Experience with service-oriented applications
Opportunity to solve real-life engineering problems in the really exciting electronics design industry.
Entrepreneurial culture guaranteeing:
● Strong sense of accomplishment;
● Close feedback loop with the Customers;
● No nonsense projects.
The transformational phase of the company, both business and technology-wise:
● Market leadership by 2020 (please check how’s Altium doing financially);
● Rapid expansion of product portfolio and migration to the SaaS model.
● There is a trial period (t.p.) for 3 months (after t.p. the salary can be revised);
● Flexible working schedule, 40 hours per week;
● Overtimes are rarely, the company tries to avoid such moments;
● Business trips are paid;
● The company employs people only in an official manner completely legally and according to the Code of Labor Laws in Ukraine.
As a Back-end Lead Software Engineer you will work on these projects:
● Altium365 (www.altium.com/altium-365) is a complex cloud application simplifying customers data management and collaboration. 3D visualization, real-time commenting and highlighting, workflow engine, git-based versioned design storage and more.
● Altium NEXUS Server as part of Altium NEXUS (www.altium.com/altium-nexus) on-premise server solution for enterprise-level customers. Project management, library management, workflow engine, PLM integration, collaboration and more.
● Altium Concord Pro (www.altium.com/concord) Altium Concord Pro is a single source for component data, real-time sourcing information, component traceability within designs, and collaboration with mechanical design team — all within the Altium Designer unified environment.
It would be good to know your thoughts about:
● How can we increase the efficiency of our systems by 10x while scaling our user base by 10x over the same period?
● How can we organize our logging system to be able to find out the cause of the issue without getting customer data?
● What code patterns and testing approaches do we need to guarantee that we never, ever fail in an unexpected or undefined way?
● How do we go all-in on cloud infrastructure while increasing data security and privacy for our customers?
We’re a software company that provides applications and solutions aimed to help electronic engineers to design and create electronic products. More specifically, we’re a PCB design company — we provide CAD solutions to help to design and manufacture Printed Circuit Boards — the foundation of every electronics product presently. We’re 30 years in the market, and our flagship offering — Altium Designer has been hugely successful and is by far a preferred tool in the engineering communities.
Here you can check in detail what the company has already made. It can help you to understand the complexity of the tasks:
The prospects for growth:
Software development is a first step in the company, where a person can make a significant contribution to the product and promote his ideas, bringing them to reality. If everything goes well, there is a chance to move into the leaders of the team/architects/product and project managers.
How many people work in the Kiev office: 60+ people (third of them are QAs). Most of the employees are developers.