What is MileIQ.
The most import is the team:
- Chuck Dietrich (wiki, linkedin) — VP at Microsoft, ex-VP and VMWare, ex-VP at SalesForce.com, ex-CEO at Sliderocket, now Co-Founder at MileIQ,
- Dan Bomze (linkedin) — General Manager and Partner at Microsoft, now Co-Founder at MileIQ,
- Andrey Kolesnikov (linkedin) — ex-VP at Apigee (sold to Google), ex-Director at Salesforce.com, ex-VP at Zuora, now CTO at MileIQ
This team has built, sold, and invested in multiple successful startups. They know how to build a product that lasts (and how to sell it, more details will be shared during the intro call with you)
And the numbers:
- MileIQ has > 200k MAU
- MileIQ has found its product-market fit and generates profit, contrary to other startups that burn investors money
You might not be able to see it in AppStore if don’t have US account
MileIQ provides automatic mileage tracking for deductions and expenses. We help the self-employed worker looking for a mileage deduction or a large company that wants to handle mileage expenses reports. MileIQ is automatic, easy, and accurate. We are the leader in the space. Our team is driven by experimentation and iteration, and we foster a cross-functional working environment.
We are a product team, we are agile and enjoy teamwork, and we love proposing and hearing out ideas that can help to grow our business.
As a Senior Python Engineer, you will be involved in the design, implementation of solutions to solve the problems as we deliver delight to our users. Tap your experience into building our advanced B2C product, continue to dominate AppStore rankings, grow its reach and revenue.
What you will do:
- Partner with a distributed team of engineers, product managers, and designers to deliver a world-class experience to our users. Together, you will participate in user research, talk to the customers, learn their pains, and design features that users really need.
- Implement new features and run experiments (a lot of experiments!)
- Refactor code, delete unused staff and forget.
- Propose and implement upgrades of the Tech Stack and Cloud Infrastructure
- As part of the core team, together with other team members, be on regular OnCall engineering rotations
Your experience should include:
- Strong production use of cloud services. Experience in any: AWS, GCE, Azure
- Deep understanding of modern engineering design and operational patterns
- Experience in Python 3+ years
- Experience with Django / Flask or similar. Understanding RESTful in our realm.
- Understanding data manipulation patterns: SQL, NoSQL, data storage, sharding
- Experience with databases: (any)SQL, noSQL (MongoDB, Redis, etc...)
- Understanding DevOps culture.
- Experience with containers and scaling patterns: Docker, kubernetes
- Good communication skills. Open to discussions, not afraid sharing your thoughts, and present them. Can push back when needed.
Would be a plus:
- DevOps experience would be a plus. CI/CD tools and processes, Nginx-ingress,
- Experience working with >100k MAU app’s is a plus.
- HA monitoring experience. What metrics to monitor and why.
- Knowledge of CAP theorem would be a plus
- Docker, kubernetes
- Python 3.6+, Flask / Django, Celery
- Azure as a cloud solution: AKS, Azure SQL, CosmosDB, etc...
- RabbitMQ and Kafka
- NewRelic as monitoring
Mobile (just for note):
- iOS, Android, and a hint of React Native, Firebase
- The great talent receives equity. Yes equity in a successful Californian based startup for Ukrainian software engineer is real.
- Fully Remote or Office in Lviv, Ukraine
- 18 paid day-offs
- 10 days of paid sick leaves
- 30 day-offs at your own expense