Altamira.ai is headquartered in Bratislava (Slovakia) and uses design thinking and innovative technologies to develop digital solutions to help our customers. Through its subsidiaries in Slovakia and Ukraine, the company is a sought-after business partner with a world-class team of talented professionals. Altamira.ai is backed by SARS Capital.
We do believe that the success of altamira.ai is impossible without the success of our Talents and the success of our Clients!
We are looking for an experienced Head of the QA Department who will be:
Leading initiatives on the company level to ensure that company processes are well documented, implemented, and aligned with industry best practices.
Ensuring that the Quality Assurance and Control (QA) processes meet company/industry standards in all delivery projects.
Managing the QA team resources in the assigned department.
Directly resolving project Quality issues, setting up, implementing, and improving Quality processes across all the projects in collaboration with the project team and the Client.
To the best of your advantage, you should possess the following experience and other skills:
- At least 4 years’ quality control background.
- At least 3 years of leadership experience
Education and degree:
- [Preferred] Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or any technical area.
- Understanding of software development life cycles and methodologies.
Skills & abilities:
- English: upper intermediate level or higher.
- Ability to multi-task with multiple priorities and time frames.
- [Preferred] Skills in test automation, DBs and *nix-like systems, and network protocols.
- Ability to work independently with no supervision.
- Negotiation, interpersonal communication, and influence skills.
- Relationship-building skills.
- Team player.
- People motivation skills.
- Result orientation.
- Process orientation.
- Client orientation.
- Planning, estimation, and budgeting skills.
- Coaching skills.
- Human resources management
Duties and responsibilities:
As QA lead (50%):
- Coordinates QA project activities with the customers and oversees execution.
- Implements best practices and methods for project/product testing.
- Directly supervises QA in the project portfolio and provides ongoing support for the QA team.
- Develops presentations of the proposed technical solutions, approaches, and methodologies.
- Performs the QA staff competency evaluation.
- Owns Personal Development Plans (PDPs) for the QA team with the goal of accelerated skill and maturity development of the team members
- Participates in a company QA competence group as a technical expert conducts internal QA training and seminars, and creates training materials.
- Develops knowledge libraries for company internal use.
- Plans QA team resource load, and perform status tracking, and employee retention for the team.
- Suggests areas for improvements in internal company processes along with possible solutions.
- Leads development of QA frameworks/accelerators.
- Cooperates with clients, identifies their needs, and manages client requirements and expectations.
- Provides peer review of documentation and suggests solid comments for improvements to the customer as well as to Altamira staff.
- Provides risks identification and prediction: existing and possible impacts of QA work and customer.
As Practice Leader (50%):
- Collaborates with the Head of Development on QA strategy for the company
- Leads initiatives on quality improvement for the company services.
- Supports and improves processes in the company
- Contributes to developing technical visions, specifications, proposals, and other technical documentation.
- Serves as an escalation point for QA-related issues on the project and cross-company
- Proactively identifies potential problems and works to address them (on tactical and strategic levels)
- Certification planning and facilitation
- Contribution in technology viability assessment
- Researches on new possible services in collaboration with other departments
- Participates in presale client calls as a QA expert
- Competitive salary, room for development and growth;
- Possibility to work in the Bratislava office or fully remotely;
- Loyal management, interesting tasks, constant support;
- Medical insurance;
- Paid vacations 20 workdays, paid sick leave, regular salary reviews;
- Flexible schedule and ability to manage your working hours;
- Support of your personal growth and skills upgrading;
- The great environment inside the team, support of initiatives, and ability to contribute to the common goal.