Altamira.ai is a digital transformation company that provides consulting services, including innovative strategies and bespoke technology solutions, to customers interested in business transformation.
Altamira.ai is headquartered in Bratislava (Slovakia) and uses design thinking and innovative technologies to develop digital solutions to help our customers. Through its subsidiaries in Slovakia and Ukraine, the company is a sought-after business partner with a world-class team of talented professionals. Altamira.ai is backed by SARS Capital.
We do believe that the success of altamira.ai is impossible without the success of our Talents and the success of our Clients!
Our client is a large, complex, and highly regulated organization with a requirement to conduct projects in a controlled and structured manner. We are developing one-of-a-kind software that will help our client engage with its customer.
The team of developers will need to work on the web and mobile application that allows ticket management for customers for the biggest USA Airline Company. Teamwork as scrum teams and have to present during the certain calendar times on-site for communication and collaboration, on the Hybrid attendance based (2-3 times per week).
Vacancy with relocation to Katowice (Poland)
We are looking for an experienced API Developer who will be:
- accountable for delivering application projects that require overall planning, organization, execution, and control of the project
- able to participate in agile software development activities, including sprint planning, daily standups, retrospectives, and hackfest
- operate in a collaborative, open environment focused on using agile development techniques to independently
- deliver solutions quickly and effectively
- Participate in the design, development, testing, and deploying server and UI Screens using Java/J2EE
- The role would also involve supporting the APIs developed after they are deployed in production
- The candidate needs to meet challenging deadlines and thrive in a team setting
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate.
- Help set up deployments per provided guidance and procedural documentation
- Communicate and coordinate with peers, product owners, and cross-functional teams and design a relevant and time-to-market solution
- Building APIs for both external and internal consumption
- Listen to customers and colleagues; convey ideas effectively; prepare written documentation
- Learning new technologies and keeping pace with rapidly evolving development paradigms like pair programming
To the best of your advantage, you should possess the following experience and knowledge:
- 5+ years of experience in Java/J2EE in an Agile environment
- Knowledge and Experience with strong 12-factor application development experience using REST APIs
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing
- Experience with enterprise java applications and development frameworks such as Spring and Springboot
- Experience working with AWS and Red Hat OpenShift or a similar container orchestration platform
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL (DynamoDB/Cassandra/MongoDB)
- Experience with JBoss, Websphere, and Tomcat application servers
- Experience developing automated unit tests, test suites, and test data, Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience using Jenkins and CI/CD toolsets. Ability to customize provided sample project templates to project needs
- Knowledge frameworks for documenting/designing APIs (like Swagger)
- Experience working in a SAFe, Kanban, DevOps, or Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps practices; with tools such as Git/Gitlab, Jira/VersionOne/Agility, Jenkins/Terkton, Gradle, Ansible
- Knowledge of standard tools for developing, optimizing & testing code — Eclipse, Dynatrace, Cassandra, Selenium, Apache Kafka, Apache Camel, Active MQ, IBM MQ.
- Knowledge and Experience deploying microservices into containers
- Strong object-orientated analysis and design concepts
- Understanding of Object modeling and deciphering custom and vendor-supplied schemas
- Knowledge and Experience with Git and creating and manipulating YAML files and API lifecycle management platforms
- Experience in troubleshooting deployments, production issues
- Bachelor’s Degree required in computer science or similar field
- Solid knowledge of JAVA or equivalent
- Solid knowledge of software design and code including Object-oriented design/programming
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases concepts
- Self-motivated, ability to quickly learn new open-source software, cloud technologies, modern application development methodologies and best practices
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge and Experience with business rule languages/technology is a plus
We are not just building software, we provide our customers with extra services and excellent experience by partnering our team. We value each of our clients and work tirelessly on enhancing the quality of our services and delivering high-grade software products. We are willing to help our customers digitally transform their business by adopting innovative technologies into their workflows among which are Big Data, IoT, AI, machine learning, etc.
We are proud of our teammates. Among our employees, it’s easy to find speakers of international conferences, technology gurus, certified architects, and a lot of talented people. We are trying to build self-organized teams that are focused on personal and professional growth. That is why in altamira.ai we clearly state: for growth, you need to learn and you need to educate. Each engineer after the probation period can request a mentor who does care about education, supports with promotion, and makes your career development smoother.