Altamira is a digital transformation company that delivers applications and AI solutions to a wide range of international customers. Headquartered in Bratislava (Slovakia), we work primarily in the financial, pharma and retail sectors delivering mobile, web and platform solutions using an expansive technology portfolio.
We are proud of our teammates. Among our employees, it’s easy to find public speakers, technology gurus, certified architects, and a whole host of talented people. We are building empowered, self-organized teams that are focused on personal and professional growth, and who share our customer obsession.
Altamira teams currently span Slovakia and Ukraine, and we are expanding our footprint to meet the growing demand across Europe and into our primary growth markets in the UK and the US.
About the Role
Reporting to our CTO, you will take responsibility for enabling our growth strategy. You will lead your team to position Altamira in our target markets as a differentiated provider of digital services, with AI at the heart of our offering.
Our business model is built on landing and expanding revenues with our customers, and you will be working with our Sales, Product and Delivery team to ensure that our customer obsession is maintained and that we continue to grow long and fruitful customer relationships.
You will have the opportunity to build our Pre-Sales and Solution team and provide exciting personal development opportunities for your talented team members.
Our target audience is the CIO and our customer’s Product team. This is the ideal role for someone with technical experience who has diverted into pre-sales and now wishes to use their experience to build winning Solutions team in their own vision.
We are a small team and we expect our leaders to take part in the day to day running of the business and importantly developing our ongoing strategy to fulfil our vision.
The Head of Pre-Sales & Solutions is accountable for a broad range of activities. He/she will need to build up strong relationships with a range of stakeholders. The Solutions team is envisaged to comprise mostly of domain specialist architects who are capable of conceptualising and realising technology solutions to meet a wide rand of business use cases.
You will be generally occupied with:
- Collating and maintaining sales and propositions materials for prospects and customers
- Building and maintaining our repository of case studies and evidence of credentials
- Developing an estimation and fixed price calculation model in liaison with the Chief Delivery Officer
- Developing and mentoring presales resources as they join
- Training and supporting the CDO organisation to support presales and early customer on-boarding activities
- Maintaining competitor services and products analysis to ensure that USPs and Differentiators are used to enhance sales
Your primary interfaces will be:
Sales & Marketing Team
- Being pro-active in bringing to the sales team our latest packaged solutions, IP and thought leadership
- Understanding, explaining, and presenting strategic and / or transformational subjects at senior levels of the customer organisation in a persuasive, convincing and non-threatening manner.
- Provide strategic consultancy to bid teams and delivery functions for general high-profile opportunities.
- Work in multi-supplier scenarios, and engage and maintain relationships at peer levels across the customer, suppliers and partner supply chains.
- Maintaining and delivering our solution sales training
- Governing the release of our latest GTM solutions into the Marketing team
- Analyse and explain the strategic and business risks involved in adopting certain solutions and be a key contributor to customer risk management process.
- Identify, articulate and cascade strategic business objectives, business needs and the business benefits of IT solutions to a wide variety of levels of audience from junior to senior in both technical and business roles.
- Participate in technical and project governance reviews.
- Supporting Delivery project teams and customers in resolution of issues.
- Identify, translate and articulate demand signals from the market for repeatable solutions that will be built by the product team.
- Be accountable for the uptake of our repeatable solutions within the propositions and solutions being offered and delivered to our customers
- Build and develop your team, maintaining their appetite for a long and fruitful career in Altamira, comprising:
- Attracting talent at appropriate levels of experience. We are seeking to develop talent from within as well as attract top talents from the market. It’s your role to ensure we maintain a sensible balance within the team and are comfortable in mentoring them and helping them to develop their career.
- Ensure team skills and capabilities remain aligned to business strategy and industry trends
- Ensuring that appropriate tools and methods are available, understood and employed across the Solutions team
Essentials for the Role
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience or appropriate industry experience, and have demonstrable experience in leading technology teams.
- An experienced Solution Architect who has at least one domain specialism that is relevant to the world of AI.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in leading a team in a start-up environment
- Experience of engagement with customers at all levels of organisation hierarchy
- Experience in Leadership and management of technology teams
- Experience of Infrastructure, Application, Data and Integration approaches.
- Evidence of creating strategy and architecture road maps.
- Knowledge of new technologies and architectural approaches — providing a route through new technology jargon — understanding of market direction and horizon scanning.
- Knowledge and awareness of standard Project management approaches
- Good understanding of cloud technologies — AWS / Azure / Google cloud services
- Core understanding of AI technologies and how they can be best deployed
- Knowledge of modern development frameworks and database technologies.
- Experience of working with organisations that have an multi country business model