ROLE TITLE: Team Lead Java
AllStars-IT is an international Software R&D and Talent Acquisition company established in 2004 in Israel. Headquartered in Kyiv, AllStars-IT operates software development hubs in Ukraine, the CEE Region, and sales offices in the UK, Germany, and the US. AllStarsIT’s expertise covers a variety of industries: Cybersecurity, InsurTech, AdTech, Healthcare, AI/Machine Learning, Telecommunications, Real Estate, IoT, Mobile, and Fintech, among others. We have over 30 development teams and over 700 talented Software Engineers.
In one sentence
Leads and mentors a team within a specific task or project. Responsible for technical aspects of the project. Performs high-level design as well as hands-on development, empowers self-managed teams and enforces technical standards, including software coding standards and those of tools and platforms. Ensures Agile practices alignment and team mentoring.
Advanced knowledge in Core Java, Spring Core, Spring AOP, Spring Data, Spring Boot, Microservices, Kafka, Openshift, Couchbase
Knowledge of Docker & Kubernetes will be an addon.
What will your job look like?
- Provides technical guidance to Software Engineers by means of coaching and mentorship throughout E2E software development, maintenance and lifecycle to achieve project goals to the required level of quality. Promotes team engagement, empowerment and motivation.
- Understand and derive complexity based estimations (User Story Points) and provides input to the Software Engineering Manager for estimates, resource needs, milestones and risks. Per account methodologies defines work breakdown structure, plans and leads task execution by assigning software engineers to tasks, ensuring effective delegation, monitoring tasks, identifying risks and handling mitigation and escalations, mastering and executing Scrum ceremonies and empower the scrum members and enables cross functional capabilities
- Provides hands-on technical and functional input to design, maintenance, build, integration and testing of complex software components according to functional and technical design specifications. Reviews and provides feedback and suggests solutions, including operability perspective. Identifies areas for automation. Follows Amdocs software engineering standards, applicable software development methodologies and release processes. Performs code reviews and participates in test reviews.
- Analyzes and provides input for the requirements and provides impact assessment for new features or bug fixes.
- Represents/leads discussions related to products/applications/modules/team (for example, leads technical design reviews). Builds relationships with internal customers/stakeholders. Represent the team with stakeholders.
- Enforces quality processes (such as performing technical root cause analysis and outlining corrective action for given problems), measures them and takes corrective actions in case of variances. Ensures all the project agreed deliverables are completed to the required level of quality.
- Collaborates and adds value through participation in peer code reviews, provides comments and suggestions, and works with cross-functional teams to achieve goals.
Supports managerial routines of Hire to Retire, mainly providing professional leadership of the team, peer feedback and development, assuring productivity and effectiveness of the team. Leads initiatives to build technical and functional competencies to meet the needs of the team.
People Management — Structures the team’s work in a way that is best-suited to the product/service development and maximize efficiency. Coaches and empowers the team. Fosters an environment that encourages team work based on motivation and inspiration.
What We’ll Expect From You
- 6+ years of experience in SW Engineering role
- Significant proficiency/in-depth knowledge in business domain (Telecom Preferred)
- Previous experience in leading software engineers through project lifecycle.
- Thorough understanding of software development methodologies using agile principles and experience in conducting all key agile ceremonies.
- At least 5 years’ hands-on experience as a Java software developer
- At least 1 years’ experience working as a Scrum Master/Team Lead in a medium/large
scale company in Agile/DevOps methodology.
- At least 2 years’ working experience in projects on Microservices and Cloud.
- Experience in managing a team of at least 5 to 7 employees
- Working experience on Spring, Containerization and Automated deployment, for example, Docker, Openshift/Kubernetes, Helm charts
- Working experience on CI processes (Jenkins preferred), version control (GIT preferred) and Artifact repositories (Nexus preferred)
Why you will love this job:
- You will be challenged with leading and mentoring a small development team
- You will be challenged with leading the technical aspects of the project
You will have the opportunity to work in a growing organization, with ever growing opportunities for personal growth
— Senior development teams.
— Learning and development program (individual budget for self-education).
— Comfortable and spacious office at Gulliver Business Center in Kyiv, including car parking.
— Flexible working conditions (office/ fully remote/co-working).
— We provide medical insurance, sport/hobby compensation, and free language classes.
— Ability to grow as a Meetup speaker.
— Corporate trips and team-building activities.
— Personal wellness consultant.