Reform initiative and position summary
The expert team assists the Ministry of Justice with the planning and implementation of the penitentiary reform, which aims to promote wider application of non-custodial measures to offenders who committed minor or medium gravity offences and to create proper conditions for the detention of convicts in penitentiary institutions promoting their rehabilitation and decreasing the risk of reoffending.
For this reform, SURGe Project is looking for a Data Analyst to provide consulting services to the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on improving penitentiary and probation data collection, its analysis and visualization for different presentations and reports.
- Support the Ministry of Justice with organization and implementation of the data analysis framework, including establishment and institutionalization of the separate data analytics department.
- Perform data mining, data exploration and data transformation tasks to enable further stages of data analysis, modeling and reporting.
- Use statistical tools to analyze and interpret data set patterns and insights that could be valuable for preventive and predictive analytics.
- Keep well documented track of findings (trends, patterns, correlations, etc.).
- Design and implement data quality assessment processes, including automated procedures, on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborate with developers Ministry’s civil servants, and management to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and develop policies for data governance.
- Prepare concise ad-hoc data reports and data visualizations for the Ministry management that will help effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data and support the decision-making process.
- Assist Ministry’s Data analytics department with development of new analytical tools and methods along with supporting documentation as and when required.
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
- 2+ years on Team lead position.
- 3+ years on senior data analyst position.
- Knowledge of database structures, normalization, de-normalization and entity relationships.
- Experience in business analysis.
- Good practical and theoretical knowledge of Machine Learning and Statistical Inference.
- Understanding of unsupervised learning algorithms and Machine Learning metrics.
- Strong data manipulation and data analysis skills.
- Strong attention to detail as well as good problem solving, time management, and logic skills.
- High mathematical aptitude.
- Experience in SQL, R/Python.
- Experience with Excel, BI and data visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau etc.).
- Experience with ELT/ETL tools.
The duration of the contract is 6 months with a possibility of extensions (subject of approval and implemented deliverables during a previous deployment).
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate is expected to be registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group (consultancy services).